T-21 "Lewis Gun" add-on details

The large Ribs are easy...Large black ribbed drainage tube from Home Depot looks almost EXACTLY the same....the only thing is...it's not quite big enough diameter .

Soooo....just cut it lengthwise and slip fit it over the barrel. You will have a small gap (about 1/4 inch) on the underside that is not even noticeable.

I can post a pic of my Hyperfirm Lewis with this mod if you want. Just let me know.

The large Ribs are easy...Large black ribbed drainage tube from Home Depot looks almost EXACTLY the same....the only thing is...it's not quite big enough diameter .

Soooo....just cut it lengthwise and slip fit it over the barrel. You will have a small gap (about 1/4 inch) on the underside that is not even noticeable.

I can post a pic of my Hyperfirm Lewis with this mod if you want. Just let me know.

I already did the same thing back in 2005, so that part is good to go. It's the other items I'm unsure about.

Posted Image

The "D-coil" appears to come out of the back end of the barrel where it meets the top side of the front of the receiver and goes under the rear-most ridge on the top of the barrel.

The little tubes seem to come out of the middle (height-wise) of the forward ridge and reattach where the barrel diameter changes. For those I'd use a thick gauge wire. Any kind of pipe or tubing will be too large.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the more I look at the picture on the right the more it seems to me that the ribbed tubing was bigger than the gun and that was some sorta rigging to hold it in place as the "gap" between the gun and the tube. Could it be something as simple as clothes hanger bent in shape to hold the ribbing in place, as well as the sling? That is where the blue wire, string would come into play to tie it altogether. Or could it be that the LDS is kicking in again and I am just seeing things?

The sling is made out of olive drab canvas, I have owned several guns lings like this one. Its very long though, i think they modified the top end, maybe resowed it so it would hold the end of the barrel. Its hard to say what gun it was made for, but this type of sling is easy to find on surplus sites.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it this lil' thingy?

Posted Image

I just moved it down.

That part is present on my hyperfirm, and it's on the underside. I conformed this with a real one in the Air&Space Museum annex, which has a beautiful one on display.