SDS armor

Rolf

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I am not Matt. I cleared that up. Why don't you go ahead and tell everyone why you ruined his molds and refused to send a new cap and back so he could make a new one?

Please do not ignoe the issue of your underhandedness and purposefull wrong doings. If you like, I will contact TE and see if he can gain permission to talk to you on the boards.

OMM

I am not starting a fight. I simply asked Gino to explaina few things. If you take it as a fight, there is nothing I can do to change your mind, nor will I.

It is a simple fact what gino did and refuses to rectify.

Everyone needs to know about his mis-doing's is all I am pointing out.

Thats the end of my rant. Thank you,

OMM

Hey on a lighter note. Since you guys would know the answer to this....Can you please tell me how the bubble lenses are made? I want to take a crack at making them for my AP.

Gino. Since we are talking armor here would you be kind enough to post some pics of your stuff? I would love to see 1st genereation armor (slobber). Also, do you actually have a set of real ROTJ armor still? That is cool if you do. I would love to see it!

Come on guys. Lets see your stuff. alot of us have actually never seen the real thing or your work before. Well, at least I havent.

I am kind of wondering now. Who had the first molds? And how did all this start out? it would be cool to know the history. If you could explain, without arguing, that would be awesome. I am just curious.

I plan on posting a full documentation of the history of these armor molds including all it's derivitives as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully early this week.

One thing I know for sure is that there was not more than one set of molds taken from the original suit that all the others were spawned from. But I'll get into that more specifically later in my post.

As I suspected, gino will not make amends nor will he answer the questions. This proves his guilt and inabilty to cope with the responsibilities of his mischevious actions.

There were 2 sets made of the rotj suit castings. One in resin and the other one was done in bondo to make chnages to in the future if TE deemed it necessary. He did and made the ANH set for the body armor. Were you there Gino when this was done? I know I was, I know you were not.

OMM

How long is the moderation of this board going to turn the other cheek and give Matt a pass here as a sockpuppet? Maybe I should create a "notBraksBuddy" ID and see how far I can get with it. The OMM thing was funny at first, but this has gotten to the point where the joke has worn off and it is now setting a precedent for this board, clearly showing that being a banned member means little and that sockpuppeting is an acceptable practice. If you are going to allow Matt to post, then simply unban his account instead of allowing new members to potentially be deceived by this bogus "huked on fonix" doppelganger.

It is also fun to see Matt continue to bring up old news in yet another failed effort to smear what he sees as his competition. He NOW tries to claim that Gino purposefully damaged his mold although when he was in a pinch and needed parts he was all too quick to send Gino the mold in exchange for some faceplates, and told Gino when he sent it that the mold was all but shot. When it fell apart in Gino's possession Matt was a bit upset but admitted that he was not suprised as he knew the mold was in terrible shape to begin with. Now in his desperation, as he has done on multiple occasions before, he is going back and rewriting the history of what happened to make it appear that the damage of the mold was intentional. Again, a desperate move by a desperate man who is willing to lie at the drop of a hat in an effort to damage the reputation of his "competition." There was a time I might have been willing to believe this to be true, but having seen Matt pull this card again and again and again, refuting his own previous statements and expecting everyone to just swallow them because he IS the Trooper Expert!!!... well... all I can see is a king without a crown, nipping at the heels of all those who have surpassed him.

No, the way it happened was Gino contacted Matt for the use of the faceplate and then sent some helmets. He refused to fix the situation and Gino claimed that TE 'knew the risks'. The mold has been continuously used and suffered no further degradation, so it was an accident? I am sorry but this was done maliciously and puposefully. The mere fact gino does not address the situation and sent you to fight his battle is nothing more than an admission of guilt.

Shall I also mention when TE brought this all down to ginos level he threated to try to kick TE's *** at C4? A neat trick in itself since Gino is from what I hear, vertically challenged and TE is 6'1" and 240 lbs. and an ex-US Marine. TE has the emails to prove this if you like.

Oh, and the King has his crown thanks. I saw the letter from LFL proclaiming him the expert. It is quite nice! No one has or ever will be on his level regarding this. No one has the knowledge and sadly no, pictures cannot obtain the knwoledge TE has ammased. He has taken apart suits and helmets and that is the only way to gain 100% true knowledge. This is something gino will never ever acquire.

OMM

Matt, everyone knows you do know quite alot but I think everyone agrees this whole war has got to stop someday.

While you may have the experiance of digging around through the archives and taking things apart, you should at least recognize that some of the other makers have produced parts that are at least on par with the ones from your moulds and even, in some cases, better. Whether they "stole" the moulds or not doesnt matter to me or anyone else but you and they. Its the product I care about.

If I were to take my TE2 helmet apart, make moulds, and sharpen the details, repair the damage, and add more undercut; I could come out and yell real loud that my helmet is the best on the market.

Or I could get Ginos (if I could) and have a bit sharper details and correct undercut, detailing ect to begin with.

But they supposedly came from the same source.

All you people who spend so much time studing the real helmets surley understand that all the stunt helmets were pieces of **** and there were often very large variations in assembly, paint, pull sharpness, and cut.

So what makes my TE2 so different from what was on screen? Wasnt there at least one helmet in the movie close to the "slightly soft" detailing mine has.

You know it to be true.

Lets not have such a "holier than thou" attitude all the time fellas.

Why would I sharpen the details if I had the choice? Because the inside of the helmet gino, TE, who gives a **** , casted may have been a helmet with softer details.

Its all second generation if from anything but the original mould.

Ultimatly Matt, Gino offers the most accurate helmet apart from a real one. Could I get very similar results from your (now TE2) moulds if I did some accuracy work? Yes.

Until I see a really sharp, HDPE, stunt helmet become available, TE, Gino, and some other makers from recasts of those same, have just about the same thing.

If TE2 (love you man) were to put his moulds under a professional vac machine and Gino made his helmets on a crappy garage table, wouldn't you have TE producing better results than Gino?

Some are sharper pulls, some are softer.

All your moulds were supposedly made equal.

And on the ealier mention of price; Gino, the market is set high and your helmet deserves to cost more than the rest. But close to a grand?

Its only a hunk of cheapo brittle plastic at the end of the day. Keep it real.

The only thing that would change my mind on this never ending debate on who has the more accurate piece of cheapo brittle plastic, is if Gino (or Matt) produces evidence that the other in fact created his respective moulds from the inside of a pull made from the original's moulds.

That would make one inferior to the other; but not by much.

See how confusing all this is.

We need a chart.

Gino, do it up.

Come clean OMM. We are not so thick as to be fooled by your "I know everything that ever happened to Matt but I'm not him" routine.

Have a nice day everyone

(No offense to Gino, and especially TE2 because he's the man.)

EDIT: Last name removed.- Mike1536

EDIT: changed name to Mr.X - RoCKo

COME ON!

I don't get it - It's not like these guys actually sculpted the armor! If you all are talking about "Great work" for their model building skills - assembling the armor and vacforming - then sure! But great work for Copying (recasting something) come on!!!!! ARE YOU ALL INSANE.

The Difference is - How many of you can pick up a pencil and draw a perfect illustration of darth vaders helmet - and how many of you can get a piece of tracing paper and trace it over a photo? Recasting is like tracing - almost anyone could do it - all they need is some basic modeling skills and a vacuformer. It is real skill if you could sculpt the armor correctly! And untill I see photos of a ROTJ armor that has been adjusted to Make A 100% accurate ANH armor - I don't want to here about who copied who - your all are hacks for copying A.A.'s original costume (not the crappy one he sells today the originals from ANH)!

jv

I'm going to temporarily lock this thread because it seems it's the same old thing we've all read before.

Seth, myself and the MEPD mod staff will discuss this in closed forum and decide to re-open this thread or not. We will also discuss the supposed sockpuppet account of TE as well.

Topic is being unlocked, but first;

1) Please read this http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1909 in regard to mentioning armor makers names on the forum.

2)OMM has been deactivated as a confirmed sock-puppet of user "trooperexpert". However, we will not have RPF style public bashing of someone who cannot speak for themselves on the forum. Otherwise they will keep re-appearing & causing our small staff more work.

3)This is a discussion forum, so feel free to discuss. Speak to others as if they were sitting in front of you, I know that "SDS" is in the thread title but that doesn't mean we can't be civil.

carry on

UPDATE:

Seth and I believe that One Mean Mother was indeed Matt. G, aka TrooperExpert. It was pretty obvious when his email was associated with the account. The account is now inactive for two reasons. 1. Matt originally requested his account be banned, so that's what we did. He essentially banned himself. 2. Banned members creating sock-puppet accounts will not be tolerated.

As derailed as this thread became, I'm not sure what more could be said. If anyone has anything to add, by all means go for it.

Please keep things civil.

- Mike

UPDATE:

As derailed as this thread became, I'm not sure what more could be said. If anyone has anything to add, by all means go for it.

Please keep things civil.

- Mike

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! GRUMBLE!!! GRUMBLE!! GRUMBEL! COMPLAIN!!! COMPLAIN!! COMPLAIN! VENT!!! VENT!! VENT! FIRE-BREATHING DRAGON SNEEZES ON ALL ONLOOKERS!

OK, jokes aside, I applaud the administration for this move and will try to make sure I keep things more civil from here on out. Oh, and did you notice I mispelled "grumble"???

OK so now TE is gone. Its too bad he couldnt just be civil.

Anyway. Gino! Ok so you were going to post a lineage of how things came about and post some cool pics (I hope) along the way.

I would love to hear what you have to say about the excitement of getting the armor and molds and making it all happen. I dont have much interest in what bad blood transpired between everyone, but history is cool. So lets have it!