Uber Accurate Pauldron! (perhaps)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, this will be ongoing. No need to put down interest just yet, once I have the first one in hand I'll start up another thread to get a list going. I'll just start a queue and you'll send payment when they are ready.

This is getting real exciting now & "The suspense is terrible, I hope it will last...."

itching to see some pic's

Willa Wonka will never get old.... Great quote! I like this one-

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams...." Sorry. Back on topic.... Can't wait to see these new pauldrons!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing spectacular, I found more of the rivets I needed. As of yesterday the first pauldron is "under way" but not done. He has to make detailed pattern components and instructions so his assistant can make them as well. He wants to be able to turn them around very quickly once I have a prototype and commitments. So hopefully something this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Final product is due to be to me by the end of next week. Heres hoping. I talked to him today, he has been fiddling with it to get the best shape and appearance. I told him I wanted it for a couple events the first weekend of May, and he said he'll have it done and ready by 5/1 since he is going away that week. I need to order the rivets now and pick up some strap material. I really can't wait to see this underway.

I'm supposed to have the first one by the end of the weekend, then I'll be able to quote turn-arounds, etc. and start a list. I'll be starting a queue and people in line will pay for theirs as it becomes ready.

If you are in a hurry I would get a GA pauldron off of ebay and re-sell it when your SB is ready. I don't mean that to sound crass but I don't want anyone holding up a project over this.

Also, they will be available as an ongoing item, so no worries on missing a run. I'm sorry that it has taken so long from first talking about it to actually having something. My nature combined with some health issues the manufacturer had have made for slow progress. I have not dogged it too much, as I've waited seven years for an accurate pauldron so I don't mind the weeks. If I had rushed out the first version pattern (we're up to V5 before the proto is on the table) it wouldn't have been up to par with what will be coming out. My mission has been to produce something as accurate as possible, and I sincerely appreciate the enthusiasm and interest that everyone has expressed. Once he is cranking them out I will do my best to get everyone taken care of asap.