Durability of BB weathering?

SethB6025

This has come up before, while it can be cleaned off, the BraksBuddy style weathering is more durable than we think it is. I was curious to know, if you've been wondering too, here's the litmus test.

Handback:

Posted Image

Handback under running water (approx one minute):

Posted Image

After being rubbed while wet with my hands, then towel dryed:

Posted Image

Conclusion; no longer afraid of rain.

While some did come off, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Even if you got stuck in a steady rain for five minutes, as long as you waited until you were dried to take your armor off, very little damage to the weathering would be done. So, for all you tempera & fullers users, fear not!

i still don't like rain. And how do we know it isn't some photoshop trickery?

Copy that... Ha ha thanks for the test Seth.

mmm maybe is the same photo just in diferent order, and the real one after the wahsing was all mess up!

Very cool! I believe I ended up completely reweathering my suit about 5 times... The first time the weathering came right off with soap and water but each time if became more and more difficult. By the final application I couldn't scrub it off with a scothc brite... seriously. It is not ON there for good. I assume it is mainly because the armor was so slick to start with and there wasn't much to realy cling to but as we wethered and washed the armor became more and more abraided and the dirt and hairspray had a lot better grip. Very cool demonstration though! I still would be nervous about going out in the rain mostly due to possible streaking or splattering from falling rain.

And some of us live in the Pacific Northwest, where it rains most of the year. Thankfully due to global warming however, we now have sun four - count 'em - four months of the year. Woohoo!!