Broken Armour

bowedexpert

Guys....

I've just started my first build...it's a Tk going to Td. My Thigh Ammo Pack is broken and just cannot source one anywhere. I'm living in a world of hurt at the moment working on armour to get clearance by 501st for first troop on June 20th. Then I want to request deployment with you guys.I put a WIP thread on UK Garrison but no armourer has jumped on it so I'm doing it alone.

Can anyone point me in right direction or post a link?

Time is ticking.....

Sean G aka bowedexpert.

When you say it is broken? Post pics.

You might want to try some of the armor makers like Mon Cal. Sometimes they will sell you a single piece and might even have one laying around. Who made your kit?

How do you post pics on here?

Unfortunately I got into buying a full set of armour before I knew about you guys and the 501st. So I steamed in on the net and bought an sds.

Either end of pack was shaped like a half circle so I've modified it to look proper. Trouble is sds drilled hole at bottom on one side then top on the other.

I have managed to connect it but will I get clearance? Will try and get pics on.

If you used E6000 glue - you shouldn't need a heat gun to remove it.

Start small with a razor knife or one of those fat exacto knives.

Work that into a small spot and rock it back and forth. Don't force it. Eventually you should get enough space that you can get a larger razor in there and just work it slowly.

Using a heat gun might be more trouble.

Thanks for advice bud.....I would have done that but they were not glued with e6000.it was some sort of heat related glue, done by someone else.

I've got small arms so I could get away with cutting on join with sharp scissors then measuring 7.5 mill on each side for 15 mill cover strips. So no damage.