snaps how do you install them?

Robster

hey guys i am doing the snaps on the inside of the armor for the back and front. how do you install yours?i remember seeing somewhere where someone had shown how they do it but can't find it now.

thank you,

rob

I've seen people fasten the snap to a small square of ABS and then glue and clamp the ABS snap plate, to the appropriate location on the inside of the armour.

Good luck.

You are correct. Small square of ABS, drill hole in it, mount snap, then I use plastic welder to mount where I want it. Clean up excess after mounting. Clean out snap and so on. I also use Velcro strip as well. It is used to keep the snap from pulling off. It works better than snaps or Velcro alone. The Velcro is always to the body side.

Like?? Example. Shoulder bell/ snap first, then Velcro, elastic continuation, to Velcro, and then snap.

I guarantee it doesn't come off. Lol

I've seen people fasten the snap to a small square of ABS and then glue and clamp the ABS snap plate, to the appropriate location on the inside of the armour.

Good luck.

That's the popular choice....can't tell you how many events I've been to where people had the snap with the piece I abs flopping around though lol.