NE armor

dutchy

Hey bro's...

Don't know if anyone already started a thread about it.....but...

I have seen this new NE armor popping up on the FISD and here as well.

What's the story behind it...

I have heard/ read that it is made by the same guy that made the ATA. And I know where he based his armor on....

I know I shouldn't even go there, but we had a discussion about TM being "reproduced". Not that his armor is TM based, just wondering if we are dealing with a honorable seller here.

So if someone could fill in the blanks here I would be more than happy..

Cheers!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FISD June newsletter is requesting a full on comparison of the NE to any other armor for size and all that, but most seem to believe it based on RS.

I think that he updated/ graded his old armor which was based on the CAP/ TE moulds. The ATA was small compared to other known armors, like the AP. So I think that this one is small too..

Well, out of my pay grade, so have no idea! LMAO

Just reading about it now

Hehehe...I actually don't know how much he is charging... :pinch:

Hey bro's...

Don't know if anyone already started a thread about it.....but...

I have seen this new NE armor popping up on the FISD and here as well.

What's the story behind it...

I have heard/ read that it is made by the same guy that made the ATA. And I know where he based his armor on....

Nope, NE is the FX v3, new AM armor, being made by Dale and sold through the regualar FX dealers. The armor was discussed here:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5766

Besides that, for me it's hard to ignore the resemblance that can be seen in the comparison pictures in the other topic.

Looks like borrowed designs for me..It's hard not to use the "R" word here.

Anyway that's how I feel and think about it.

Besides that, for me it's had to ignore the resemblance that can be seen in the comparison pictures in the other topic.

Looks like borrowed designs for me..It's hard not to use the "R" word here.

Anyway that's how I feel and think about it.

Ditto. 100% agree.

It's always a challenge when someone makes armor. Anything that resembles screen used armor will (or should anyway) have common properties to previously released armor. We all know the top makers of armor have been doing great work setting the standards for years. hopefully some of the new builders will improve upon what's out there and will give credit to those who they have referenced.

Yep...I agree with Terrell...it's the new V3 of the FX...a guy of our german public forum build this armour...and far as I know is here a member who build this armour as well. I mean the armour has reasonably good detail....but I don't like the helmet ...especially the separate cap'N back and dome....like the old fx bucket..... :sick::down:

I understand that a lot of makers add their own touch to their work/ armors. Nothing wrong with that but they must give credit to the original makers if they decide to use their improvements/ work. Therefor I myself believe Paul/ TM his statements regarding the origin of some parts.

And the helmet...neh..

I have nearly completed building my TD from one of these NE kits. I am well aware of what everyone has been saying about them & at the time of my order they were still AM. I will have some photos up soon so you can all judge for yourself. At the end of the day all i want to do is get out there have some fun & go trooping! I ordered AM origionally for it's size & although i have had to add some shims to the sides, it still fits someone with a larger frame quite well.

Andrew.

P.S. not all of us can afford TM or RS Armor.

I have nearly completed building my TD from one of these NE kits. I am well aware of what everyone has been saying about them & at the time of my order they were still AM. I will have some photos up soon so you can all judge for yourself. At the end of the day all i want to do is get out there have some fun & go trooping! I ordered AM origionally for it's size & although i have had to add some shims to the sides, it still fits someone with a larger frame quite well.

Andrew.

Well said Andrew. And really at the end of the day getting Out there in armor making kids smile is what it's all about

I have this armor aswell!!!and an rs yes they look the same but...it is way bigger,,the lid,,,no way will be approved becouse the ears sit to low,,i am going to make some longer ears and see if i can get it approved,,,i like it becouse it fits my fat a$$

I have this armor aswell!!!and an rs yes they look the same but...it is way bigger,,the lid,,,no way will be approved becouse the ears sit to low,,i am going to make some longer ears and see if i can get it approved,,,i like it becouse it fits my fat a$$

Hi walt, I have seen the issues on the FISD with the ears, & it looks like they are trying to get to much of the ear under the helmet. if you look at other helmets the ears are pulled backwards from the bottom & don't go completley underneath. I have an eFX i am going to use for (Police officer) only & will weigh up what to do come swat time.

To this quote I can say is: Save!!

:yes:

We all want to look as bad as can be in our TD's and make people smile when they see us. But sometimes it's really worth the wait when you are looking for the right armor.

I definitely don't judge the people who bought these armors, let's get that clear too.

It's about it's history/ lineage that rustled my jimmies...

Andrew.

We are not hating on the armour itself here dude, its just about how it originated. When I started off in this crazy hobby, all that was available was Armor/fx.

The helmet isn't the best though, especially considering what else is available these days for the same price.

Just my opinion.

Have fun ;)

We are not hating on the armour itself here dude, its just about how it originated. When I started off in this crazy hobby, all that was available was Armor/fx.

The helmet isn't the best though, especially considering what else is available these days for the same price.

Just my opinion.

Have fun ;)

What Brad said....