Cushman blaster review (MG-34) DLT-19 heavy blaster

I have one of these and it taking alot of work to get it to look decent . alot of bondo and sanding painting im still got to add a tripod or something close to it. I have also add the veins that go down the barrel the one that go between the exhaust prtoing. so im still not done when im done ill post pics .

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes. We have to get the word out about how bad the Cushmans really are.

The problem is that the photos on their web site are usually taken from a distance, and are slightly blurry. In those pictures, the guns actually look good. They are not representative of what the customer is actually getting.

• 1 month later...

I honestly think that there should be a sticky topic here on this forum warning people not to buy the MG34, or any of the other vacuuformed "replicas", from Cushman. I've been burned. Many other people have been burned. I have yet to hear anyone say they were actually satisfied with with any of the Cushman "replicas".

It would probably be a good idea to put up a sticky topic that at least has some good close up photos of one so that anyone considering buying one of these pieces of junk can at least get a good look at what will be getting for their money.

Just a thought.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems there are some at the MEPD who are anti-Cushman. So, I will no longer pimp them. Sorry about that. If you need anything from Cushman. Google will be your best bet.

Later,

John

the mg34 does look a lot better all finished up than i would have expected.

i think it's great that there's a reasonably priced option out there. it's not my thing personally, but i'm really glad it's out there!

You have always been a man of reason, and I admire that about you a great deal. I am just a little surprised there are guys openly flaming him... continuously, or complaining about my posts. Especially since the gun is vastly improved.

I do not sell them. I just make a tutorial to make it look good. I think the griefers should chill - and not throw a fellow prop maker under the bus. There is an option that is quick to build and costs under $100 dollars, and you can travel with it.

Don't let griefers get you down John. Sad to hear about the bias you feel on these boards, as it's typically one of the more open minded and supportive ones out there.

As always all opinions are welcome, you did good work with your Cushmann & the newer version shows obvious improvement. Is it something I would go for? No, but I am sure there are others who it will satisfy completely.

I wouldn't take it as a bias, take it as balance. Some people will be happy with a prop, some won't. I can think of more people in the former camp in regard to Cushman guns, but there are plenty of others who understood what they were buying and were happy with the result.

As an aside, no one has emailed me to complain about Cushman guns or to have their proponents silenced, on the other hand I have gotten a message on a couple occasions requesting the critics be silenced. Thankfully I remain objective, and I am not about to squelch feedback of any kind on any item.

• 1 month later...

Yep, I am down. Oh well, there is no crying in baseball!

You have always been a man of reason, and I admire that about you a great deal. I am just a little surprised there are guys openly flaming him... continuously, or complaining about my posts. Especially since the gun is vastly improved.

I do not sell them. I just make a tutorial to make it look good. I think the griefers should chill - and not throw a fellow prop maker under the bus. There is an option that is quick to build and costs under $100 dollars, and you can travel with it.

Don't let griefers get you down John. Sad to hear about the bias you feel on these boards, as it's typically one of the more open minded and supportive ones out there.

Maybe it's just time to let apples be apples and oranges be oranges.

Some folks love FX and never want to upgrade. Others actively bash it. There is room for both, I think. Just like there are people for whom Hyperfirm is best, and people for whom Cushman is ideal.

I don't see it as an either-or.

Well i do agree about making this topic a sticky because i did not see this until lo and behold... my orders already with them and i just emailed them the other day about receiving it. So this is an order for the MG34 with the bipod and i will post pics as soon as i receive it. sound good guys?

Could this be made into a sticky? Aslso, it would be more objective to not have the sticky authored by anyone from Sci-Fire nor anyone representing Cushman... though, we would be able to post in this section (and hopefully with respect)... and maintain a level of courtesy and decorum. I am sure people here are tired of seeing the heated exchanges.

I will offer an olive branch to Sci-Fire... A Cushman is an inexpensive trooping weapon and a Sci-Fire is a high-quality collectors show piece.

I mentioned to Seth that 99% of the population that encounters troopers carrying either a Hyperfirm or styrene MG-34 will say... Wow, cool trooper with a fake plastic/rubber ray gun in white plastic armor! That is pretty much the truth.

Perhaps a moderator could start it and pin it at the top. Also, please not linked in any way to the "definitive MG-34 Resource" sticky since it is Bongo's biased diatribe against Cushman... and lacks objectivity.

Then, people could post (members, sci-fire guys, Cushman guys) their experiences, and the pros and cons of each of the weapons... as well as the customer service.

Perhaps it would improve the quality of the respective weapons, boost sales for both, and make it seem that MEPD prop providers are made of a group of people that are truly trying to improve the craft across the board.

Sound fair?

Mods, chime in.

John

Could this be made into a sticky? Aslso, it would be more objective to not have the sticky authored by anyone from Sci-Fire nor anyone representing Cushman... though, we would be able to post in this section (and hopefully with respect)... and maintain a level of courtesy and decorum. I am sure people here are tired of seeing the heated exchanges.

John

If you'll notice in the very first post of this thread; I tried to keep it civil & did not bash in any way.

I'm going to try & be neutral on this & just post pics & comparisons.

I don't want this thread getting closed for bashing, so newbies can benefit from the information contained here.

Please refrain from posting overly negative responses.

I'd go into detail about my personal opinion on this product, but I feel that would get this thread closed immediately.

I mentioned to Seth that 99% of the population that encounters troopers carrying either a Hyperfirm or styrene MG-34 will say... Wow, cool trooper with a fake plastic/rubber ray gun in white plastic armor! That is pretty much the truth.

John

Actually, most people we encounter,ask if the Hyper-firms are real weapons.

Perhaps it would improve the quality of the respective weapons, boost sales for both,

John

uh....

yeah. And perhaps not posting about "how much we suck & how great you are" on every thread we start on this forum (and other forums that we don't post on) might help as well.

http://whitearmor.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1742

http://whitearmor.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1131

OK, I will try to be pleasant here. Nathan, what if I asked the mods on MEPD, TDH, FISD, and clonetroopers to create a mirror thread for a Sci-Fire Blaster Review. A topic where they could objectively mention real order dates, real delivery times, the amount of PMs required to get orders fulfilled and so on?

I mean, this topic we are currently conversing in begs the question... how bad is a Cushman? --> Cushman Review? By a Sci-Fire Guy who works in a pro-grade hollywood studio with rapid prototyping equipment and 3D scanners and industrial-quality machine tools? http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1043 and it was asked by you, a Sci-Fire representative. Why is an established prop vendor starting a thread to review a peer/competitor's work?

The fact that you have asked for a polite review of your competition is nice and all, but Nathan, you are doing 100% damage control lately on behalf of John, and other bad representatives - like the guy that ripped off wannabe on ebay - however, at the time, he was working for the Sci-Fire organization... Sci-Fire delivered a weapon 4-6 months after money changed hands,

Am I not telling the truth?

Yes, you mentioned keep it polite and positive. But, you have Bongo throwing Cushman under the bus in a sticky at the top of this section of the forum.

I think this "Cushman Review" thread and Bongo's sticky should be evaluated if they add value... or create controversy.

Wannabe ordered a HF weapon in April, and made a scathing thread about your organization and the founder of this forum had to step in and get you involved in damage control.

Nathan, I really want to stop this.

If you wish to perpetuate it, so be it. But I think we should let it pass and be a little forgiving.

I never said you sucked, and I do not say how great Cushman is. They are different.

I will re-quote...

"I mentioned to Seth that 99% of the population that encounters troopers carrying either a Hyperfirm or styrene MG-34 will say... Wow, cool trooper with a fake plastic/rubber ray gun in white plastic armor! That is pretty much the truth."

If people say your guns look real... great. I have heard the same. Big deal. We are still carrying fake ray guns... yours is rubber, Cushman's is Poly-Styrene.

It is silly if it is debated any further.

Lastly, I will put up the comparison image for people to review - this could go to the top of the sticky if you like...

Posted Image

If anything mentioned is not accurate, let me know... I will revise.

I stand by Cushman, I think it is good. You stand by yours, and feel the same pride.

Nathan, please let's move beyond this. I have been told by many people that we collectively (you and me, as well as guys chiming/ranting in) appear to be quibbling assholes. The people around us are probably really, really tired of it.

I am.

Regards (and peace),

John

John

If you'll notice in the very first post of this thread; I tried to keep it civil & did not bash in any way.

I'm going to try & be neutral on this & just post pics & comparisons.

I don't want this thread getting closed for bashing, so newbies can benefit from the information contained here.

Please refrain from posting overly negative responses.

I'd go into detail about my personal opinion on this product, but I feel that would get this thread closed immediately.

John

Actually, most people we encounter,ask if the Hyper-firms are real weapons.

Perhaps it would improve the quality of the respective weapons, boost sales for both,

John

uh....

yeah. And perhaps not posting about "how much we suck & how great you are" on every thread we start on this forum (and other forums that we don't post on) might help as well.

http://whitearmor.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1742

http://whitearmor.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1131