Jump to content

welshchris77

501st Member
  • Content Count

    117
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

welshchris77 last won the day on January 22

welshchris77 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

25 Corporal Rated

About welshchris77

  • Rank

  • Birthday 01/27/1977

Profile Information

  • Interests
    My family, Raising money for charity, cosplay
  • Name
    Chris
  • Location
    Ireland

Previous Fields

  • 501st ID
    11677
  • Garrison
    Ireland Garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

1,562 profile views
  1. Well I am actually Welsh but practically a native now as living here 20 years, lol I will send you a pm
  2. It is a brexton box, I have a spare one if your interested? Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
  3. Roger to the rescue yet again!, thanks for the info Bro, you really are a fountain of knowledge [emoji4][emoji6][emoji106] Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
  4. Great advise from Urs and Paul, I just want to add to that by saying if you do plan on removing the strips use something like a paint scraper, gently lift/lever the strip (but not too much or it will crease) as you gab the joint, slowly work your way down the joint, a side to side action can also help to separate the parts. I also have an anovos, I removed the black paint on the vocoder by rubbing it with isopropyl alcohol (called rubbing Alcohol in US I believe), could be useful for removing the decals too maybe on your lid
  5. Hey folks, This is the Sandtrooper I eventually intend to go for :- http://www.mepd.net/?page_id=910/ (White pauldron Desert Sergeant , desert version/pack 3) I see there are 3 pouches in total, two at the hip, one on the shoulder My question is does anyone have the correct dimensions for both? (or a good source ?) I spotted these for the hip pouches:- https://trooperbay.com/sandtrooper-leather-mp-40-magazine-pouch they look to be the right size (Measures 9.75 inches tall, 6 inches wide, 1.125 inches thick) I may go for swat eventually so am keeping that in mind I want everything to be as accurate looking as I can but the pouches I have seen for sale seem very expensive so I might have a go at making them myself.
  6. Great Idea Urs, I love it. very nice work re-sculpting the second doll
  7. All your hard work has paid off, well done on your clearance [emoji106] Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
  8. Well done folks and good luck for your relative positions [emoji4] Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
  9. Wow, what an amazing looking pack Urs, you really have outdone yourself on this one, well done! [emoji6][emoji106] Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
  10. Wow Bryan, amazing work there! Well done and thanks for sharing
  11. Excellent information and reference pictures as always Roger [emoji4][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
  12. Thanks you Roger. Do you mean the position of the bottle in relation to where it attaches to the 'bellows' part of the syhon?, ie not centralised?
  13. Thanks Urs Yes the zip ties are really strong. I will add more pic of the hose clamp soon, the exhaust pipe doesn't look as long with it attached
  14. Pics added[emoji4] I have been busy lately but when I get time I will take better pics outside under natural light with a decent camera, my phone camera is somewhat distorting the perspective and the lighting in very bright in my shed. Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
  15. So my pack is pretty much finished now and I am happy with how it turned out[emoji4] Here is an update of what I did since I last posted:- I shortened the bottles by cutting with a dremel and riveting back together. I fabricated new panels for the frame from canvas using the one original I had as a template, painted them with Daler Rowney system 3 cadmium red acrylic, then oversprayed with auto satin black, finished by copying the internal metal brace pieces in aluminium. Cut off the dial flush element of the Syphon and fabricated a bolt for attaching the bottle by threading a length of brass rod and silver soldering a flat brass disc to the end, I then used bolts and wing bolts to hold the various parts, I decided to keep part of the internal syphon mechanism as it looks cool[emoji4], I had to back it with a black piece of plasticard to keep it steady. Sprayed the original straps with satin black and re-attached. I assembled everything using tiewraps, it was quite fidley feeding them through the holes, I started from the back strapping the radio, syphon and brexton to the top trays, for the exhausted I used copper wire as it was just easier to thread through, I then strapped these to the bottom trays, in some places i superglued patches as there was no anchor point for the tiewraps, finally strapped the bottom seed boxes to the material panels. The mortor tube is screwed to the frame at the top, the bottom was a bit trickier, can't really see fron reference pics how it is attached there so I improvised by drilling two holes close together and tiewraping it losely to the frame to slow it to hang in the correct position. For the radar dish I used a 5" sanding backing disc, took off the metal components and fabricated a plasticard disc to use as a reducer for the hole to keep it all on place. Have since added a hose clamp to the exhaust part The pack weighs in at around 4kg, not too heavy [emoji4]
×
×
  • Create New...