Police Officer Vs SWAT?..

Sioneko

Good evening...well it is here in the Uk :)

I have a question please.

Correct me if i am wrong but Police Officer status and clearance in MEPD would be as close to movie accuracy in armour, weathering, and props ie weapons backpack etc.

SWAT is almost complete accuracy to a specific trooper seen on screen down to HIS backpack, wepon wethering etc.

So...If i was to have a trooper generally weathered but not SWAT weathered, with a weapon ie E-11 but not SWAT to a specific character on screen and i had a good canon bakcpack but not neccasarily SWAT to that specific trooper, i could still attain police Officer level but not SWAT?

to explain, if i was to have a black pauldron trooper with an E-11, general weathering and a captains backpack not an 'enlisted' backpack, i could attain Police Officer but obviously not SWAT as i would need that black pauldron screen troopers backpack , wepon etc?

Because looking through the ref pics and requirments list for Police Officer it seems wisely it helps avoid non canon parts and pushes for more screen accuracy where as SWAT Requirments are a higher goal of absolute screen accuracy and exact gear.

I bet that made no sense but i still have to ask. :)

Sio ( Paul).

That's right. For SWAT status the weapon, pauldron color backpack and type of pouches have to match a specific sandtrooper in ANH. Police officer status allows you to use any combination of pouches, backpack, etc that you want.

That's right. For SWAT status the weapon, pauldron color backpack and type of pouches have to match a specific sandtrooper in ANH. Police officer status allows you to use any combination of pouches, backpack, etc that you want.

Ditto!! That is correct!

Just to explain further....

Deployed Police Officer Status was created a few years ago to give some consistency to our favorite character since legion standards were laughable. Dint even required dirt.

After a few years of the program, it was evolved to required a more accuracy to what we saw on ANH. But, not strict accuracy and matching, just, well, parts, not configuration.

Then, last year the SWAT program was launched for those aspiring for a more accurate portrayal of a specify trooper, a more demeaning job for a higher goal, but not necessarily the next logic step (and that has been said lots of times). So, for SWAT you don't only need to look like, but to be, so to say. SPecific configuration, weathering and patterns, detailing and weapons to replicate as much as possible a specific trooper.

But, after a year we now realize it is not only one of the "6" sand troopers, but you could choose 1 of any specific scene configurations for each specific trooper. The list to choose from is just way bigger than 6. :)

So, yes... specific parts (mix and match) for police officer, specific parts and configuration for SWAT.

Does that makes sense.

Saludos

Totally makes sense and seems very thoughtful and kind to those who may not be able to aspire to SWAT level due to funds, or ability. I would like to at some point make SWAT but alas i have not had the luxury of starting from scratch to get SWAT so would have numerous modification to get that.

However i would be most honoured to at least make Police Officer Sandtrooper, trying to mimic a black pauldron enlisted. I totally admire and appreciate the SWAT level troopers. complete salute to my role model brothers. :salute: But for now my goal is Police Officer and to represent the MEPD in the UKGarrison as i troop and bring many smiles to all. My main ambition will always be to bring to life Star Wars to the young generation especially those who thing i am the real deal! hehe.

So thankyou and i hope soon to sumbit once ready my application to the Mos Eisley Police Daprtment for duty as a Police Officer.

"Sio!". :trooper:

You know, something else, and I posted this on Nicks build as well but will add more here.

Becoming an MEPD police officer is sort of like joining the army. Its not for everyone, but is attainable by anyone who tries, just a bit, and is a goal to be just as proud of as SWAT. You just have to want it.

Now, I have always seen SWAT as like special forces units. Navy Seals to be one. Out of 100 that try, only 10 finish. Thats not because it is impossible, just that you have to accomplish certain things to attain that goal. It cannot be altered, bent, or swayed any at all, because if it is, before long their is no goal to attain. No "special" to the title of SWAT, making it then just "WAT" This is why maybe alot might strive for SWAT, but not all will make it.

But even if not SWAT i am still your loyal sand coughing - rebel scum hunting - cantina lurking - dewback rodeoing - Tusken Raider hunting - Jawa taunting - Mos Eisley patrolling brother!!! :D