Polly Pauldron! The first true 2 sided Pauldron

trooper1

Ok, guys and gals. As I said I was going to do. I created my exact two sided Pauldron. Just like any other police officer, jumping into his SRT or SWAT uniform.

Two sided, from every angle!!!

First private, then telephone booth SUPERMAN change, to SWAT officer!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guys, thanks for the great reviews. This is a prototype, that I am going to wear, but wow did it take a long time to make.

Had to line up each side to make sure the sew lines ended up the same, especially since you cant see the other side when sewing. LOL

As for making this in other styles. Yes, BUT, you can wear trooper1 Pauldrons right now and be canon upside down!!! Remember pics Rolf had up that showed the Pauldrons reversed. The leather was not on both sides, just the one. I use the same material on both sides for that reason.

I mean, shoot, I could do orange and SWAT if I wanted to. Just seams more correct with black and black.

I can advise you this. If I did these this way, it would be more expensive. I use 2 layers of leather to get this particular look, and then the letters had to be printed on decal first, then stuck and cutout, then glued, and sewed individually!!!! WOW that was a headache!!! LOL It took 3 hrs longer to do one of these, then a standard Pauldron.

Jay,

I'd be very interested to see if you could do a reversible one either orange/black or orange/white would be even better, and how much you think they would cost us to buy. That would be great for trooping cos you could simply flip it over if there are too many Captains around.

Nick

Jay,

I'd be very interested to see if you could do a reversible one either orange/black or orange/white would be even better, and how much you think they would cost us to buy. That would be great for trooping cos you could simply flip it over if there are too many Captains around.

Nick

Orange/black is really already done if you have one of my Pauldrons. You can flip it over and wear it, and be canon per screen caps that have been shown.

Now if you just want it to have double neck straps, and double leather tabs at the bicep region, then yes, it can be done easily enough on that one model. About $12.00 more to add the other leather parts.

Now the issue with the white/orange ??? Dont know on that one yet. Same issue would be with this one as the SWAT version of mine.

Lining up the sew lines would be a challenge because of so many parts to begin with. Also, I think the white segment sew lines would show through to the orange side, when flipped. Just a guess. I mean I could add a filler behind the orange to hide the segment lines, but WOW this would be a challenge??? Doable, but would be an increase in cost. Prob more like $135.00 US, and $165.00 International. Talking 3 different materials, double the time to make it, and twice the amount of leather.

Just a guess, but wouldnt really know till I done something like this.

To me, I will just stick with flipping what I have now. I use my orange, and flip for black quite often.

White, I can make to flip to black and hide the lines pretty easily if someone would want it that way. Just no double leather.