Pouch Clarification

Arch27

#1 - This is shown in the CRLs as the MP38/MP40 pouch used for hip pouches.

Posted Image

#2 - This is an MP40 pouch (without the +1 tool pouch).

Posted Image

My question is - are they interchangeable? Can a trooper use the 'strap latch' type (#2) in place of the post/flap type (#1)?

You should not have a canvas 3-slot pouch that hasn't got a small tool kit pouch on the left hand side really if you are going for accuracy. The Canvas ones with the tool kit attached are always worn on the shoulder, however 3 slot leather pouches can be worn on shoulder and on the hips. Depends on the specific trooper you are going for of course.

Nick

Not for MEPD clearance no. The canvas pouch with no tool kit is not canon.

Nick

Thanks! That's what I was wondering. I have both canvas pouches (3 & 3+1). Looks like I need that MP38 pouch.

Not for MEPD clearance no. The canvas pouch with no tool kit is not canon.

Nick

Actually,

Since you are only required with two accurate pouches, if you were to use the 3+1 pouch on the shoulder, and any of the other correct pouches on the belt (Spanish, MP40, roadblock, and even Stolla Wien, etc.), you could add the 3 slot canvas pouch no problem and be cleared.

The CRL is somehow full of loops and holes, so, there is some room for interpretation there. In that context, I try to give the same interpretation to all cases, to somehow be consistent and fair to all.

:)

Saludos.