Pouch clarification

That we dont know. We call itthe roadblock pouch. No one has yet find a real life reference for that pouch. The are a few similar ones, like a japanese ammo pouch, but notthe right one.

Currently, yhe only way to get one that looks the part, is from Zadokk.

If you can find a real one, you would be making TD history.

Saludos.

This is a tough cookie for sure. I commissioned one of these made from a leather worker early last year and sent it to Zaddok to replicate so he is the only single source for them. I've turned over every rock and stone trying to find the real thing but no luck.

Hi Fellas, reading this I remembered something from my brief stint as a cadet at school. Those WW2 BFGs needed clinometers to make sure the machine gun was positioned horizontally. These things are about fist sized and fits in a hard leather case similar to the picture you're pointing at. So here are some suggestions:

http://ww2collector.nl/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/Vickers_clinometer.htm

Given the use of WW2 paraphernalia in this movie, it wouldn't surprise me.

Some medical pouches can also have that look - they are wider to fit bandage and tools etc. Lewis gun operators also carry tool pouches but they're wider with 2 straps sp for my money, the clinometer looks pretty close...

Hi Fellas, reading this I remembered something from my brief stint as a cadet at school. Those WW2 BFGs needed clinometers to make sure the machine gun was positioned horizontally. These things are about fist sized and fits in a hard leather case similar to the picture you're pointing at. So here are some suggestions:

http://ww2collector.nl/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/Vickers_clinometer.htm

Given the use of WW2 paraphernalia in this movie, it wouldn't surprise me.

Some medical pouches can also have that look - they are wider to fit bandage and tools etc. Lewis gun operators also carry tool pouches but they're wider with 2 straps sp for my money, the clinometer looks pretty close...

Looks about the right size but

It latches with a buckle not a post

And it's brown but that's not to say ILM crew did not dye it and put in a post

As you may or my not have noticed on the top of the pouch there is something there but just can't make out what

Yeah, I was allowing for ILM adding their own post-adjustments since the most current line of thinking with the MP38-40 leather pouch is that ILM made their own.. I just like the functionality aspect of what the pouch was made for :thumbsup:

As for what's sticking out - could be additions to the top of the pouch or just the strapping sticking out from the back. People thought the T21 had a mushroom cap for awhile before they realised it was just shadow !

Still, its fun trying to figure this one out..

I really hope we find our way, to this mysterious last ANH used pouch asap.

The nearest i have found, was a pouch looking very much a like it.

I was a medical Japan ww2 pouch in brown leather :thumbsup:

Posted Image

I'm keen to keep looking. So far I'm focusing on finding a pouch that is as close to the screen's look, size, material and strap (rivet & post). I'm not at this stage too worried about the mystery protuding top two "bits" as when I look at other frame grabs of the scene, I'm increasingly convinced they're just back straps sloppily held by the belt (not 100% sure, obviously).

There's an Austro-Hungarian medical pouch that has the colour, material, size and even rivet and post close but the strap is wrong (not thin, long and straight) and the lip is too thick on the flap.

What the ****, I might even go to the Imperial War Museum here and ask to see an "expert"... lol

What the ****, I might even go to the Imperial War Museum here and ask to see an "expert"... lol

Please do it.

The pouches you found are not yet there, but are the closests I've seen so far. Maybe we can find those pouches even before we find tose droids!!!

Saludos.

I've reached out to IWM to see if they can point me in the right direction for such an enquiry. I'll let you know if it comes to anything.

Amazing that its origins have eluded fans/costumers for so long. Does no one know a soul who worked the original pouch props for the Sandies ?

It takes awhile for these places to deal with public enquiries, IWM has referred me to someone in their reference department. I've sent him a screengrab along with our sincere query. Let's hope he (a) takes it seriously and (B) can give us an answer !

I'm trying to explore other avenues too.

• 4 weeks later...