Starting to get DIRTY

wanabe a fett

I don't know if anybody's ever done this before but I sandblasted this bucket. So it's seen real sand.

As far as what kind of bucket it is, It's the best kind. FREE

It was given to me. It looks like a pull of a pull of a pull, and so on and so on. I think going TD was it's only hope.

Now that's an interesting idea although I've seen it done to actual pre-kevlar steel helmets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Ok, I have everything except the neck seal and my pack.

What's you thoughts?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wanabeafe ... pg&.src=ph

Looks pretty well done. You've mentioned you've used sandblasting, pardon me if I ask what does this process entails? From your pics it looks similar to airbrushing the weathering on your FX Stormtrooper Bucket.

Thanks.

I have a small sandblast cabinet at work. I placed each part in the cabinet and blasted it with sand.

A sandblaster is used to remove rust and dirt from steel by blasting it with

sand or glass beads.

The dirt on my armor comes from the dirt and rust in the sand in the blaster. I just blew the sand on the armor and it was dirty. I then hit it a bit with Treasure Gold in spots for more dirt.

Thats it Weathered.

Thanks Seth, Jango is still going to troop but it will be nice to have a choice.

As for the MG-15's. I am working on one right now. I'll see if I can get some production shots for ya.