Blue Canisters for the Roadblock Capt Pack and other stuff (SWAT grade).

iconoclasta_88

So, I am starting to plan and work in my SWAT ultimate armor and gear.

I have identified lots of things I have to do and improve on my armor, and have already collected lots of the material and hardware I need, but...

I can't decide what to do with my pack canisters.

As for now, I have the baby wipes bottle (bigger than what comes in the Crashmann kit), but I feel they are not 100% correct. At least not the top one. Since it looks a bit wider but shorter.

And... do you think they are the same typo of canister and just look different for the angle and other elements besides the top one, or are they really different?

post-0-0-92569400-1327449518_thumb.png

post-0-0-04478000-1327449529_thumb.png

post-0-0-62288700-1327449535_thumb.png

This is my pack side by side with the Capt one.

post-0-0-14303100-1327450259_thumb.jpg

I do need to:

Lower and probably shorten the mortar tube.

Reposition the ammo shells.

Make a new exhaust box.

Find new wider shorter canisters

Move higher the control pad on the mortar tube.

And I am thinking about separating the blue seed tray boxes, but I don't know. That makes it look accurate but broken. Don't think I want that for troops.

Also, note that these picts of my pack are out of date. It is only the first version of my pack from 3 years ago. Now I have Zenix radio, better tape, better tool box, and Gordon's syphon. Also, I painted it the correct humbrol 47 blue.

What do you guys think?

Also, I have been planning to upgrade the so called shotgun shells, and plan to do this:

post-0-0-39719800-1327449575_thumb.jpg

I remember discussing this structure under the shotgun shells maybe 3 years ago over here, but can't find any reference picture on my backup disk, nor the topic. Does anyone remember/know about this?

I want to do it, but won't unless I find the shot that shows it.

Anyway... I won't be working 24/7 on this, but slowly getting there. Want to take my time to make it perfect... and also, don't have much free time in this stage of my life.

Any help, opinion or idea is welcome!

Dirty Boy, Quartermaster... this is your field, what do you think?

Saludos.

Hey Juan I use vitamin bottles for my builds....I find them to be much more accurate than the wet wipe containers. What I noticed from the angles I've viewed is they under the mushroom caps the bottle has a rounded top.

Hope that helps man

Hey Juan. Glad to here you are upgrading the pack. The exhaust port on yours does look like it is about an inch or so to short in the main body.

Rick does have a very accurate looking EP he uses. Also, as Rick mentioned, the canisters do look as though they have a "rounded" top under the mushroom cap. They are also straight sided and look to be about the same diameter as the syphon it sits under. Maybe a smidge smaller. I believe they are the same bottle. I saw in a thread somewhere that it was believed they used empty propane or "Coleman Fuel" type containers. They would be a bit heavy though.

For the shot gun shells, I use 2 1/2" long pieces of 1/2" pvc pipe that is left over from building the pack frame. I mount them onto a strip of black ABS that is

1 3/4" high x 4 3/4" long. Each one is riveted to the strip in the positions seen on the screen used pack, then I mount the whole assembly onto the side of the seed tray.