Armor Straps

ECOLI

The strapping is THE place most of us differ greatly. Jesse has very screen-used looking strapping — quite nice! — I tend to go for function over form and just do what works. Most of mine looks the same (meaning it's in the same places, etc.) but it's all snaps and/or glued on and/or whatever on.

Here are a few pics of my preferred way of doing it now.

Posted Image

Just the link I was looking for as I'm trying to figure what strapping system to go for ! Can I ask how you actually placed the poppers on the armour ? Just glued straight on with E6000 ? What size poppers are best and does anyone have particular preference to metal vs plastic poppers ? As for the external "non-functional" ones, are they glued on too ? Sorry for the deluge of qs, am extremely new at this.

Wow,

This topic got some really good response. Thanks guys, I will have to double check the local Joannes for some of this elastic. Also the strapping methods you guys are using look pretty durable how does it hold up to the wear and tear?

Just the link I was looking for as I'm trying to figure what strapping system to go for ! Can I ask how you actually placed the poppers on the armour ? Just glued straight on with E6000 ? What size poppers are best and does anyone have particular preference to metal vs plastic poppers ? As for the external "non-functional" ones, are they glued on too ? Sorry for the deluge of qs, am extremely new at this.

The kit that Troopermaster sells that I used comes with the "poppers" already shot through strips of ABS. So you just break them apart and glue the piece of ABS with the snap on it to the armor with E-6000.

I would — and will on my next build — use small "Mini-Anorak Snaps" like these instead of the big camping snaps, however.

They are 1) MUCH easier to use... and 2) MUCH easier to use correctly.

The big camping snaps are great if you have Troopermaster send them all to you already popped on... but if you (at least if I) have to add any myself I waste 3 for every 1 I get on right. The Mini-Anorak Snaps are so much easier!

Wow,

This topic got some really good response. Thanks guys, I will have to double check the local Joannes for some of this elastic. Also the strapping methods you guys are using look pretty durable how does it hold up to the wear and tear?

They hold up AWESOME!!!!