Fully assembled armor

Hunteralex

My vote is get it untrimmed and assemble it yourself.

Buying it untrimmed means that you'll get to fit it to yourself. It's a lot of work trimming and assembling it but it is very much, in my opinion, worth the effort.

That being said, AP does awesome work (from what I've heard) on assembling armor.

Also, if you know you're thin enough to fit into the armor without any shimming and / or modifications then getting it assembled would probably work.

The problem is that if you get it assembled and DO need to do mods on it then it's a lot harder than if you simply start from scratch.

But weigh the options and decide on your own. B)

There are gonna be times you wished you had bought it trimmed and assembled but like everyone said the frustrations and time are well worth it when you can look at your armor and say that you built it.

I struggled with the same question when getting my AP as well. Follow tutorials as best as you can, some techniques will suit you better than others. I used a little of this and a little of that figuring out throughout the build what worked best for me. When you get stuck (which if you're anything like me you will) ask people here. These guys are great and won't make you feel stupid for asking questions.