Concerning voice changers.

Arppegio

MY ROMFX UNIT CAME TODAY!!! WOW!

it is sooooo cool. and easy to assemble. the hardest part was really just re arranging stuff in my tiny little helmet to fit it all in. (still a tight squeeze) also, i noticed that when i plugged my OLD microphone into the board (the one from my newton amp) it wasnt nearly as loud as the PC mic that romfx provides. just thought i would say that to see what you guys thought (for those of you who have/are going to have this.)

it was a great buy, i would totally recommend it to anyone interested in real time voice changers.

... oh you bet i was quoting stormtrooper lines all last night....yeah.... im a loser!

I am actually moving mine out of my helmet. I am thinking about putting the unit and batteries in my shoulder pouch. Radioshack has an 8 AA battery holder that is long and narrow. Switching to a headset so that I can take my helmet off easier. With the prounit I have 4 wires attaching my helmet. Kind of a pain. If it works like I hope then I can just have the headset on when I take the helmet off. I originally did not want to do the headset thing. But now I think it will be easier!

yeah im gonna see how it goes for a troop, then if there is a problem, i think the shoulder pouch sounds like a good idea. im just so scared to break it

what i want is like a long little plastic box to put it into just so i know its got that extra bit of protection. anyone know where i can get something like that? maybe like. 4 inches long and 1 inch tall?

...what i want is like a long little plastic box to put it into just so i know its got that extra bit of protection. anyone know where i can get something like that? maybe like. 4 inches long and 1 inch tall?

Radioshack sells things called 'Project boxes' that are great for containing electronics, etc. Use a Dremel to modify them.

Here's one

If the link does not work, search the Radioshack site for Catalog #: 270-1802

Me as well. I'm going to drive to the closest one to see if they got any. I was thinking I had to drive out 30 minutes to get to one. Then my brain released it's fart and I remembered there was one in the shopping center 1 minute from my house, lol.

That thing looks perfect.

Me as well. I'm going to drive to the closest one to see if they got any. I was thinking I had to drive out 30 minutes to get to one. Then my brain released it's fart and I remembered there was one in the shopping center 1 minute from my house, lol.

You're in Maryland? Have you not looked into joining the 501st and hooking up with the OLG?

You're in Maryland? Have you not looked into joining the 501st and hooking up with the OLG?

Already have. Me and Adam have been sending emails back and forth for the past few days. Turned in my pictures and just waiting on his reply back. I've already signed up on the OLG boards too under the name "Arppegio" (which is what I also use in the Clonetroopers.net boards as well). I'm just waiting on the approval for the OLG boards. So hopefully soon Maryland will have another trooper to fear.

Still undecided myself between Hyperdyne and Rom/FX. What about mics to hear people talking to you. It can be hard to hear in the bucket, especially with a crowd. Does anyone have some kind of earphone thingamabob?

I haven't looked into anything like that but it's always been in the back of my mind. If I had the technical skills and know how, I'd create a system/mod for myself.

heres a pics of my FX helmet with the RomFx installed,i added a remote on and off switch so i didnt have to open the box to turn it on,the battery packs are on the sides of the helmet and wire loom and gasmask hoses where used to hide the wiring,it was a awsome bucket.Posted Image[/img]

heres a pic of the finished padding on my AP helmet,its the inside of a HJC motorcycle helmet,this will be finished with my new RomFX system, simlliar to the FX.

Is a very cool idea the padding... I will take a note of that

heres a pics of my FX helmet with the RomFx installed,i added a remote on and off switch so i didnt have to open the box to turn it on,the battery packs are on the sides of the helmet and wire loom and gasmask hoses where used to hide the wiring,it was a awsome bucket.Posted Image[/img]

Is that the amp sitting in the front of your bucket? You didn't get harsh feedback at all?

Looks great, btw. What going on with the aretor area? Did you have some osrt of fans going on there?

Hi, the amp is in the back of the helmet,in a box.what you see in the front chin area is the speaker.i cut a hole behind the chin peice and hot glued the speaker nice and tight,so the sound could only go forward out the hole behind the glued on chin peice.no fans where installed in this helmet,i tried using small fans,but they couldnt move enough air to be worth while.what see on either side of the speaker are gasmask hoses to conceal the wiring of the mic and speaker.once the Romfx was adjusted i got no feedback at all,even at a very high volume.MY AP helmet will have to be done a little different since there is not as much room,but it should be very cool.i will post pics when done.

Hi, the amp is in the back of the helmet,in a box.what you see in the front chin area is the speaker.i cut a hole behind the chin peice and hot glued the speaker nice and tight,so the sound could only go forward out the hole behind the glued on chin peice.no fans where installed in this helmet,i tried using small fans,but they couldnt move enough air to be worth while.what see on either side of the speaker are gasmask hoses to conceal the wiring of the mic and speaker.once the Romfx was adjusted i got no feedback at all,even at a very high volume.MY AP helmet will have to be done a little different since there is not as much room,but it should be very cool.i will post pics when done.

Yes, please post up some pics once you finish and get the chance. I'd love to see how you're going to rework the system since you can't cut a hole near the chin piece on the AP helmet. I have an RT-mod bucket and cutting the chin are wouldn't do for that either. I want to install my speaker to my helmet if I could and if there would be little to no feedback at high volumes.

Did you use the mic that came with the kit? I'm trying to wrap my head around how to keep it on my head and close to my mouth since it isn't a headset-mic combo type of thing.