My deactivated sterling project

tk236

Another deactivated sterling project, there are many like it but this one is mine lol. So I was able to cut out and re-use all the good original parts from the kit. I pretty much followed Jesse's tutorial to the "T" (http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=8455) and did everything he did the same way. Everything works on this blaster. The back end cap comes off so the spring and bolt can slide out, the spring and bolt ****/move. The trigger works in full auto, semi auto and safety modes. Mag clip clips in and releases, folding stock moves and locks in place both in the front and in the rear. I still have some touch up cleaning to do on it but I'm happy with how its turning out. Im thinking of keeping it two toned so everyone can see whats original and whats new. But do I keep it looking like just a sterling or do I move ahead and moddify if it to look like an E11?

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd384/tk236/

Mike (hk-236)

Awesome!

One day I must get myself some deactivated sterling parts too!

It looks great already...

About the E11 or Sterling???

Well... I know every minute there are less and less sterlings out there. And that most WWII enthusiasts can't understand and even get angry with us SW geeks who destroy those historical pieces to honor some movie... so. Which side are you?

I think that if the Sterling SMG is already destroyed, go for the E11... :)

Saludos!

Freaking sweet work Mike.

I would love to do one my self, but i do not have the tools for a project like that here.

I just hope there comes a all done ANH E-11 for sale some day, and i can take it.

Thanks everyone Im glad you like it! Ya I think I'll move forward with the project and go E11 :)Rolf I did 95% of the project with my dremmel with some metal cutting wheels and some griding stones and then used a drill press for the outer barrel holes. It was actually an easier project than I thought it would be. Once again thanks to jesse for the AWESOME tutorial to follow

Thanks everyone Im glad you like it! Ya I think I'll move forward with the project and go E11 :)Rolf I did 95% of the project with my dremmel with some metal cutting wheels and some griding stones and then used a drill press for the outer barrel holes. It was actually an easier project than I thought it would be. Once again thanks to jesse for the AWESOME tutorial to follow

Copy that.

I would love to have one my self for sure, hopefully a future project coming ;)