Are you ready?

DirtyBoy

No but we cut back in the last few years

We only buy for our moms and dads and none of our siblings or their kids

And we asked them not to get us anything

As we feel we don't need more stuff in our house we ask for gift cards movies/ eating out / kindle books

And that's what we tend to give

Yes it is !!!

It's can be so hard to get things for people

If you give mom that great JAWA head mount is she going to hang it in the living room or stuff it in the attic

So we give things you can use up an then throw it a way my parents love blue berry coffee so we get like 5 bags

When it's gone it's gone and it does not Hang. On the wall for years collecting dust

So far, we have bought some gifts and stuff for xmas, but I guess we are on the other side of the balance... We love giving gifts to family and relatives and friends. Maybe nothing too fancy. Something small from the local handcraft market will do, or maybe a nice little something... But we love to share our happiness and give a little surprise wrapped in paper... The only ppl we do get something really special are my brother and Carla's brother... And now we will find something special for our little Valeria on her first Xmas...

Anyway, sometimes I wish we were more practical cause given and receiving stuff is not very space friendly ( we live in a little appartment).

We are excited about xmas already, specially since it is the first for the three of us as a "more completed" family. If that makes sense. :)

Saludos.

all my siblings and family (apart from my mum and dad) live in the UK so i will probably try to take them out for dinner or out for a drink and give them a little something nice. But my old man is a nave diver and that is pretty much his bred and butter so almost every thing he likes is very expensive and i never know what to get my mum.

But my old man is a nave diver and that is pretty much his bred and butter

What's a NAVE????

Looked it up but kept giving me part of a church

And one mention of a ship

If your mum likes to read a lot get her a kindle She will never by a paper book again

If anyone gets a loved one a kindle do them a faver and get them the one that has WIFI & 3G ( aka whisper net) that way the can down load a book anywhere

And not have to find someplace with WFI

Cost just a little more

but there are no contracts of any kind And no adds

So far, we have bought some gifts and stuff for xmas, but I guess we are on the other side of the balance... We love giving gifts to family and relatives and friends. Maybe nothing too fancy. Something small from the local handcraft market will do, or maybe a nice little something... But we love to share our happiness and give a little surprise wrapped in paper... The only ppl we do get something really special are my brother and Carla's brother... And now we will find something special for our little Valeria on her first Xmas...

Anyway, sometimes I wish we were more practical cause given and receiving stuff is not very space friendly ( we live in a little appartment).

We are excited about xmas already, specially since it is the first for the three of us as a "more completed" family. If that makes sense. :)

Saludos.

Pretty much the way I am....I start my shopping usually around April....mainly for my sons so I can get them all kinds of awesome things without blowing the budget. I remember being a kid and loved the feeling of coming down the stairs and just seeing presents everywhere....I try to duplicate that for the boys. This year is going to really be the first Xmas that my littlest one will open presents on his own :) cant wait. We try to get every one of our family members and friends something small that we know they will enjoy but mainly focus on the kids. Adults are so much harder to buy for

This time of year is so special....really looking forward to it.

Working in Advertising, I got the brief for Xmas campaigns un early july.

Shot TV commercials during september and been in post production till then. They are airing this next week.

Xmas is a 6 month long holyday for me.

I love xmas, but just the real one... not the advertising business one.

:)

Saludos

funnily enough,i got some cool toys for the kids this year AFTER LAST XMAS IN THE SALES!!! ;) ,i also got other gifts earlier in the year too,because,before this ,i was renowned for "last minuite panic shopping" ! :P i always left it till the last minuite,so this year will be more relaxed and worry free for me!.... i also love the christmas buzz of giving,and good spirit .... a good time of year ! :):):):)

Looks like I've got an xbox 360 reserved for black Friday....my buddy is a mgr at a place that's doing them with kinect, a game, controller and he's trying to work a $30 gift card into it for $200. He will be super excited