is this helmet good?

sandytrooper

Not sure cause it doesn't state it in the description, but I think that is the new re-design of the ANH MRCE by Efx. It is different than the already released ESB version in that the ears are slightly smaller and flatter and the ears screws are installed.

I happen to be a fan of the symetrical MRCE and Efx and have 2. One is my Sandtrooper modded and I am Deployed with it.

The other is my Incinerator Trooper and again, already approved and on my way to EI on FISD with it.

A lot of troopers including myself had or still have the mrce/efx helmets. It really just comes down do if you want a "mostly" out of the box helmet or you want something that you build but is more accurate. Just make sure you read the CRL/MEPD and SWAT requirements if you end up going that route.

That's a Master Replicas Collectors Edition helmet that has been updated a bit to look a bit more realistic, see the ear screws.

Good thing to have in your collection, and you can modify it for trooping, but it isn't really anywhere near as good as a kit helmet.

Here is my MRCE next to my Kit made ATA helmet. MRCE on the left.

Posted Image

Nick

Shocking! I thought it had been depreciated for trooping. Still the mods required are extensive to a MRCE. Cut down ears, fill horrible seam line add screws repaint correct colours. Even after modding, it isn't even close to being movie accurate. Uk to US pricing an ATA helmet is cheaper than that helmet from play anyway.

(Just went back through this thread and I'm coming off as a real MRCE hater! I do own one myself that is on display in my collection. I just consider the price - accuracy thing a big deal especially when MR were claiming that it was a 3D scan of a real helmet. It was really the pride of my collection till I started reading about just how inaccurate it was)