Woodchuck Blastech T-21 painted by Dirty D

Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to get myself one of The Woodchuck's T-21 blaster rifles and I had myself a grand time painting it. Guys, I really recommend this weapon to any of you. The Woodchuck's work is top notch. So, here are some shots of my firearm. I hope you enjoy them!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

If you want to see more, you can see all 15 shots of it on my website DirtyImperial.com

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for the compliment Dirty! :D

Looks great! How did you make it look like the metal was wearing through the black paint?

Hey Zon, I'm actually putting together a tutorial on my painting technique for the blaster and I'll have it on my website soon. Thanks for asking about it! In the meantime, I will tell you that first off, it's several layers of paint and some clear coat. I painted black a couple of times, then I used a spray can of automotive paint to paint the gun metal silver color ( a couple of coats )... then more layers of black on top. Then steel wool to rough up all the edges to remove black paint and let the metal shine through... went through 5 fine steel wool pads to do this. Then I took a fine paint brush and touched up the edges were the sanding didn't give the desired effect. After it looked nice and I added a few battle damage scratches, it needed two coats of clear coat paint on top to give the shiny metal effect. And by the way, the black paint I used was "satin" which is semi gloss. I'll come back and share the link to my tutorial once I have the full write up done. It was a blast painting it!

Thanks for the compliment Dirty! :D

Hey Zon, I'm actually putting together a tutorial on my painting technique for the blaster and I'll have it on my website soon. Thanks for asking about it! In the meantime, I will tell you that first off, it's several layers of paint and some clear coat. I painted black a couple of times, then I used a spray can of automotive paint to paint the gun metal silver color ( a couple of coats )... then more layers of black on top. Then steel wool to rough up all the edges to remove black paint and let the metal shine through... went through 5 fine steel wool pads to do this. Then I took a fine paint brush and touched up the edges were the sanding didn't give the desired effect. After it looked nice and I added a few battle damage scratches, it needed two coats of clear coat paint on top to give the shiny metal effect. And by the way, the black paint I used was "satin" which is semi gloss. I'll come back and share the link to my tutorial once I have the full write up done. It was a blast painting it!

One thing is for sure... You have a lot more patience than I do. When life slows down and I have the time to do this It would be nice to see a tutorial. Thanks for the "quick" version.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement! I'm happy to hear you like the paint Chuck :D I think I was most concerned with how you felt about the way I dressed up your work! Thanks for taking the time to tell me you're pleased with my efforts :D