The fight for children

Sandman Tigui

Recently as the only Trooper in my country I've decided to fully support the Foundation of FUNJESUS. Sadly as honorably to say this is a Foundation that takes care of 30 children who have been abused by their biological parents. FUNJESUS provides a real home, education and extra curricular activities with love and respect for their development and future. Some of the kids I know personally since I'm a teacher for them in Karate classes and boy do they have done progress.

Abusive stories go from girls who have been rented for 50 cents for sex by their dads to boys who have been beaten and locked in cages.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This said I will start a series of Troopin appearances in shopping malls starting in mid November. The Troopin money collected from pics with me will go to the Foundation where so much is needed to pay from child maintenance to schools. I will post this as well in the 501st forums.

Just a couple of simple questions:

1 May I use the 501st logo as support to my cause? Whom should I knock the door?

2 Any ideas on better fund raisin for my Foundation cause?

Thanks for your aid.Posted Image

Hey man,

You should contact Skaught on the 501st boards about using the logo. I believe it should be okay, but I'd check with him.

As far as other ideas for fundraising... I'm no good at coming up with those. B)

Great cause though!

Good job representing!!

Sure will do Bluey thanks as always for pointing the way!

Hey man,

You should contact Skaught on the 501st boards about using the logo. I believe it should be okay, but I'd check with him.

As far as other ideas for fundraising... I'm no good at coming up with those. B)

Great cause though!

Good job representing!!

Thanks Robert!!!!

Yes, it's a grief to hear so many tragic stories, and boy does the reality happen in big numbersPosted Image

On November 19 The Foundation will held as far as I've been told a Bingo event to collect money.

I do have a PP account mainly for buying stuff on the web. I'm not sure if I can receive money.

However if you are willing to donate, I can verify the Foundations bank account in case you

want to wire and presto that might work.Posted Image

Thanks for the kind spirit bro!

SO Sad to hear about things like this happening to kids,

you could try like a raffle or bake sale ???

I would be more then happy to donate to your cause, do you have a PP?

You could put a call out for troopers to donate items such as patches, coins, other random SW stuff and sell it along with your trooping. As long as the proceeds go to the cause I don't see why there should be a problem. Another option is always something like doing a run of patches or shirts yourself and price them a higher than it costs to make them. People will get the shirts if it's for a noble cause. I'm sure you could even have someone create a design for you. I would check with the 501st to make sure you're allowed to do these things but it seems silly if they said no.

Sounds like some great ideas have come your way man. One great way to raise money for the group would be to build something special or even work with the kids an have them build something....then auction it off....or a trooper march in armor accepting donations.

Keep us posted

Thanks Aaron for the ideas. They can really trigger something in benefit for the kids. I already wrote Legion Staff members for permits and see what might come along. I could work something with design and see what can pop out of it. Thanks for the advice!

Posted Image

You could put a call out for troopers to donate items such as patches, coins, other random SW stuff and sell it along with your trooping. As long as the proceeds go to the cause I don't see why there should be a problem. Another option is always something like doing a run of patches or shirts yourself and price them a higher than it costs to make them. People will get the shirts if it's for a noble cause. I'm sure you could even have someone create a design for you. I would check with the 501st to make sure you're allowed to do these things but it seems silly if they said no.

Sounds great Rick. I will give it some though cause with the kids something sweat and neat might come out. Thanks bro!

Posted Image

Sounds like some great ideas have come your way man. One great way to raise money for the group would be to build something special or even work with the kids an have them build something....then auction it off....or a trooper march in armor accepting donations.

Keep us posted

Thanks for the positive attitude Eiros! It's a vicious circle since so many kids fall victims of hideous people not to mention their own parents. Sure thing if they don't get out of it they fall in gangs, drugs, you name it. It's like the Schindler List, hope we can save as many of them.

I wonder if a patch could be done. starting it out with your specific groups charity. Make the design with the logo stating something like "the fight for children of the galaxy" or something like that. Have all proceeds from sale of the patch go to the charity....that would be series 1.....after that another run could be made and proceeds could go to another comparable childrens place....maybe with each series changing the color of the outer stitching to distinguish it and make it unique. Anyway...target it globally and having the kids choose the color.

Example:

Version 1: your group / red outer rim color

Version 2: a place in California / yellow outer rim color

Version 3: a place in Italy / green outer rim color

If demand takes off we can start going 2 colors outer rim

You get the idea....logo would née to be approved but could really be a way for us to push it legion wide.

Great idea Rick!!!! I will put mind and hands to work to see how the patches could turn out. Next week I'll talk to the kids to see what could we come up together as a team.

:-)

I wonder if a patch could be done. starting it out with your specific groups charity. Make the design with the logo stating something like "the fight for children of the galaxy" or something like that. Have all proceeds from sale of the patch go to the charity....that would be series 1.....after that another run could be made and proceeds could go to another comparable childrens place....maybe with each series changing the color of the outer stitching to distinguish it and make it unique. Anyway...target it globally and having the kids choose the color.

Example:

Version 1: your group / red outer rim color

Version 2: a place in California / yellow outer rim color

Version 3: a place in Italy / green outer rim color

If demand takes off we can start going 2 colors outer rim

You get the idea....logo would née to be approved but could really be a way for us to push it legion wide.