TE Armour Build WIP

supa troop

all the armour is now trimmed and ready for assembley, im just waiting for the postman to bring me some canvas shoulder straps and other pieces and then i can begin.

ive had to take a little more off the edges of the armour than what i wanted to , to get rid of the splits and stuff that i showed in previous pictures, but it still looks ok i think.

Im away this weekend as i am organising the UKs first official RPF prop Party which is exciting stuff so next week is assembley week whoop whoop :P

Guest Locitus

Don't toss part 4 just yet. You still need the rivet covers for the belt!

Also, is that all parts you got with the kit in 1st post? Because I didn't see the diamond knee plate in there.

Don't toss part 4 just yet. You still need the rivet covers for the belt!

Also, is that all parts you got with the kit in 1st post? Because I didn't see the diamond knee plate in there.

What do i need from part 4 ??

I have a diamond knee plate i had to source that else where :)

Guest Locitus

What do i need from part 4 ??

I have a diamond knee plate i had to source that else where :)

On the right half of part 4 in your picture you have three (larger) circles with squares around them. These are the rivet covers for the belt you wear on your ab.

So i have begun my TE ANH Sandtrooper Mannequin Build, i got a bit side tracked this weekend due to organising the RPF prop party, but now i can really get into getting this done

All the Parts are now trimmed and all the little problems i had have been fixed, the body suit and other little bits have still not arrived yet however i have started to assemble the parts.

I know the TE Suit is now further down the list of accurate sets of sets of armour but all the same i still feel it is worthy of a nice display piece.

At the Moment "Joe" is wearing the Si-man Sandtrooper Lid eventually the TE lid will replace it.

The Blaster is just sat in the mannequins arms ive got to cut and re-fabricate the fingers so the he can grip the Blaster in his hands properly.

The reason i went for this mannequin is purely based on the position of his arms so ive noticed that fitting the armour right is not going to be easy, he is also stood in a rather feminine way but im hoping once he is all done he will look a bit more menacing.

Im worried that a back pack will make him too top heavey but thats a problem to solve further down the line.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Well i can officially rule out the chance of ever wanting to wear this TE Armour. I tried to do a Test fit on me and there is no way its going to fit.

Im in the Process of getting over Knee surgery and working out pretty hard, ive gained a few pounds and Inches in Muscle mass and boy does it show on the armour. The Bicep pieces would need to be shimmed about 5 inches :wacko:

Looks like im going to have to invest in some old style FX at least i know that will fit

You could get AM or better yet, RT-MOD, if the pieces you have now are too small.

I just cant get over how tight this stuff is, ive shimmed it to the max but i would never get this stuff on defiantely need to look at another set to troop in if im to join you guys at Celebration

• 3 months later...

Ok against my better Judgement ive decided to try and get this TE ANH armour done, as im getting married this year im having to persevere with it as just cannot afford or justify getting different armour.

The Build is going ok a few issues to sort out ie the Shoulder Pouch, need to change the Orange Pauldron to White and then weather the Helmet some more

The Fun in weathering the whole armour comes when its complete :peace:

Ok so from the front everything looks fine but once i turn around all the problems with how small this TE becomes apparent.

I need to sort out the Butt section as it sags at the sides which is the easy fix my problem are the legs in particular the thighs and calfs,

how on earth am i going to get those areas to meet at the back and be at a standard for clearence into the MEPD ranks .......... your help and guidence would be great here guys plus any other issuse you can see with the build so far, long ways to go but its getting there.

Once done il be ordering boots building a BFG and ordering a back pack from the MEPD Back Pack master :happy:

Picture one Change Orange Pauldron to white and sort out the ammo pouch

Posted Image

Picture 2

Looking ok from the front but way to clean :P

Posted Image

Picture 3

Big Problems here, sort out the sagging Butt Section (easy done) but how on earth do i shim the thighs and calfs to a standard to get MEPD clearence.

Posted Image

how do i put the thighs right in such a way that it still gets MEPD clearence

Posted Image

Ah haaaaaaa!! Ok now I see

I did the same fix with Kirby's

Send me a PM, but first you will have to have some spare plastic sheeting laying around, and some time. You can fix it