MEPD COM CODE Standardization

DOC VITO

Gentlemen,

Even though I'm just a RECRUIT, I would like to RESPECTFULLY propose formulating a Standardized MEPD COM CODE AKA 10-codes as used by "REAL WORLD PD's". I know we do have active duty, and retired Police Officers on our rolls , so I would most especially appreciate your inputs. I think we could have some fun with this, and also kick our professionalism and authenticity up a notch. Below is an example taken from a "wiki" link>;

These are used by (I believe) L.A.P.D The best-known include:

• "187" – Homicide

Further information: 187 (slang)

• "211" – Armed Robbery

• "415" – Disturbance

• "417" – Man or woman with a gun

• "502" – Intoxicated Driver

• "5150" – Mentally Ill Person

We could adapt them to the MEPD "415 at the CANTINA" 502:Intoxicated SPEEDER Pilot

417...Life form with a Blaster Etc. we can devise our own: 511...Stolen Droids and so on.

So, if there is an interest, how about some submissions, and if the Command Structures approves, I will take this for action and formulate a code Matrix/ list. I think every RECRUIT would benefit by taking on a small project or body of research that is germane to the MEPD: :0Lighten: be it procedures; mission equipment, TD equipment etc. I think "GETTING INVOLVED" will help any RECRUIT to "Win their DEWBACK SPURS".

RECRUIT VITO :td:

Thanks Guys............ Ive been on other boards years ago where any idea from a "nube" was immediately POOh-PAH'd and kaboshed. Its really nice to not feel reticent about advancing an idea. :salute:

"Obsessed is a term the LAZY apply to the DEDICATED" ;)

Recruit VITO :td: "5150" and proud of it

Actually there is a difference between the codes u mention and 10 codes. Those are Cali penal codes. 10 codes usually start with 10. The examples listed below are TX 10 codes (used them since those are the ones I'm familiar with).

10-8 In service

10-41 begin tour

10-42 end of tour

10-96 emotional disturbed person

10-76 in route

10-32 subject with gun

10-95 subject in custody

10-50 (most dreaded back on my patrol days) collision

***Edited for typos (man...all over the place)***

10-69 (taking the night off) see you tomorrow :)

LOL :blink::lol: Now thats funny right there!!!!

We need to make just a few numbers, because they can be hard to remember. Plus they need standardized amongst all of us. Shoot the 10 codes you speak about are different, no matter what part of the country you are in. Thats why NIMS, which is the National Incident Management System has changed and went to plain languaage standards.

So we just need t ouse basic codes and keep them standard amongst all. LOL