MEPD Badges?

Jaggered

Hi all.

I'm not sure where to post this so if the CS move the thread to the correct section no problem.

If this has been done before please excuse me but if it hasn't would someone be willing to pick this up & proceed with it further? (Merch Officer?) depending on interest.

As some of you may know over on the 501st forums there is a badges interest/ purchase thread, link:

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64986&highlight=

I'm wondering if there's not one specific to MEPD maybe the troopers here would like one specifically for MEPD?

I had thought something like;

Bronze - Undeployed.

Silver - Deployed.

Gold- SWAT.

To keep it simple the colours mentioned are just a thought & of course not really made of those materials, need not be completely in those colours perhaps just certain parts so you can see the distinction between each.

Exact details I'm not to concerned about at the moment.

All Police Officers do need some sort of ID when making a bust right?... hehe

Once again it's not my intent to step on anyone's toes but as a up & coming TD I'd be interested although I'd need to wait until I was deployed & then if there was a run on lol.

If there's something like this around already could I get a link please ;)

Kind Regards

Jag

We had talked about MEPD badges a long time ago in a thread far, far away... and nothing ever came of it. I can't remember why, but it seems like the prices were too high and no one could agree on what we wanted.

We may yet make some, however, so it's good to see the idea resurface!

Hi Bluey & Dirty Boy.

Thank you both for the replies.

I would like to look into this further but ref design I do believe as per the 501st link pricing will depend on the design hence why Ripcode has been rather forceful & more or less states this is it, like it or not.

Truth be told this I'm guessing is the big reason why the original idea/ thread for the MEPD version never really went anywhere because ppl could not agree on the design & pricing.

I hate to say this but I'm just being honest & realistic... the badge design will never please everyone & I think someone who gets off there butt to pursue this idea will have to be much like Ripcode & just go firm with;

... this is how it is

... these are your choices

... like them or not

... you do not need to buy

Followed with an interest thread & depending on the amount of interest will decide if this is the MEPD version of the badge or else again the idea will simply fade away.

I think because of these factors I've mentioned & perhaps the forcefulness of how thing's may need to be expressed to get this going someone other than myself with history within MEPD should be rolling the ball.

As I'm not officially MEPD deployed I think I would be frowned apon by older members, who is this guy? Who's he to say this that & the other when he's only a TK.

I'm thinking out loud here but nonetheless I believe it's the truth, some will think this so I'd really like either someone fm CS or for a better lack of expression, elder MEPD member take this on.

I had thought the first port of call would be to contact Ripcode directly since he already has established a supplier, has information readily available & already has a repertoire with the agent. (I'm in Australia).

Now since the 501st has a badge the template is already there & it seems logical to use this to keep prices down.

Speaking plainly, I think the MEPD badge should be as per the 501st badge template to keep everything simple & along the same lines to cut costs maybe so an exact version as the 501st apart from two areas.

Where on the 501st badge you would have the title, Sandtrooper/Scout/Crewman I would change to the following:

Title to read

1a. MEPD

2a. Circular field around the trooper to read Mos Eisly Police Department (In full). *1a & 2a could be changed around but since most ppl refer to this site as MEPD I think that should be bigger so as the title*.

Plus looking at police badges/ shields they can contain the abbreviated form & long full version an example of this is the NYPD.

Everything else remains the same as per 501st version although, maybe look at a different shield to give the MEPD a slight difference but then again if you look at the 501st shield I think all that needs changing are the following for MEPD.

To distinguish between the different types of officers;

Bronze - Undeployed.

Silver - Deployed. (Different silver colour to the shield)

Gold- SWAT.

The following are where the colours I mention above should be placed based on the 501st badge.

1. Colour in the title field.

2. Circular field around the trooper also to say Mos Eisly Police Department.

3. Field colouring within the title, "Duty Honor Empire"

4. Field for ID number.

Could also maybe look at adding in writing depending on the price but to add a little more detail for more of a distinguished between look between ourselves which I really like, within the circular field below the trooper however above the trooper still keeping, "Mos Eisly Police Department":

Operations - short for "Operational Support, indication of non-deployed. * I only choose this name as it has a military, police feel/ sound*.

Officer - indication of deployed.

SWAT - self explanatory.

Maybe Ripcode would be willing to put my ideas into a layout photo for viewing to make it easier to understand but please remember, these are only my personal suggestions, yes... only suggestions *thinks to self* do I need to write that one more time in caps? hehe.

Please remember I have not even approached Ripcord about this so I maybe jumping the gun especially if he did not want to follow this up if asked but without stepping on anyone's toes here I do feel he would be the best person for this task since he's organized the 501st badge & is in the States.

Once again the link to the 501st badge so hopefully you can make some sense from what I'm suggesting until a photo might be able to be presented also here at this link you can see prices for what the 501st will roughly pay to have there badge done as it is.

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65251&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Any feedback on this much appreciated & err okay even negative one's lol.

Jag

Ripcode is not the guy doing the run, he is only organizing it for someone in his role as one of Legion Merch officers... The guy who did all the leg work and is actually running it is from the German Garrison (see link http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64986) and he details the issue with cost... Having a single design keeps costs down, start adding in differences and the price will drive up considerably especially considering the limited amount you would expect us to buy... Buying one from the Legion at $30 is one thing, buyuing one for $100 is quite another... Read through not only the first page but some of the following pages does show the issue...

Ripcode is not the guy doing the run, he is only organizing it for someone in his role as one of Legion Merch officers... The guy who did all the leg work and is actually running it is from the German Garrison (see link http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64986) and he details the issue with cost... Having a single design keeps costs down, start adding in differences and the price will drive up considerably especially considering the limited amount you would expect us to buy... Buying one from the Legion at $30 is one thing, buyuing one for $100 is quite another... Read through not only the first page but some of the following pages does show the issue...

...lol I'm not expecting anyone to buy anything.

I've already placed a order for 2 badges fm 501st... what I've written above is an idea & idea only which is another reason why I've not approached anyone on the matter.

Jag

1a. MEPD

2a. Circular field around the trooper to read Mos Eisly Police Department (In full). *1a &

If I remember correctly the last time someone wanted to do this run, we couldn't do any text with "Police" in it.

Was it the shield-maker that said so? Anyone?

• 5 months later...

Team,

Here is my thoughts, take them for what they are worth. They are my humble opinion and I am not deployed yet, so......

On the thread Bluey added above, Chaz talked about some restrictions to be aware of, or at least potential issues. I too am in the industry and know there are certain states (US) that restrict the word "POLICE" or even "P.D.". I am also worried about our brothers and sisters that are not in the US. So having an eagle may not fit their needs. I also think that the Command Staff and SWAT designation should have an added level, as talked about by others here. As a new boy here, and working very hard to get deployed, I also think a "Cadet" or "Recruit" status would be cool. It can take months and years to get where you are sometimes. So I also did some research and found the following badges for about $120 (top end) which are on a chain for the neck and include the leather holder. They are set inside the leather and would go nice under the armor or on a belt. They could also be set into a wallet, all for the $120. The responsibility that Chaz talked about would be up to the trooper to ensure the restrictions in their state are met. I think our brothers in blue (real police officers) would be understanding if we only display them (in public) at events and clearly are a part of the event as a participant (i.e. with another ID badge or in costume). That is also why the ones I suggest below are so generic. I think they will adhere to many jurisdictions and laws by NOT saying "Police", not having the eagles and they still look great. In a nut shell, we will know what they are, and the public will be less likely to mistake one as a police badge. You also have to think of the ramifications if one is stolen or lost. I would like to feel good that it doesn't misrepresent us or the police, a middle ground. Now, obviously the $120 is a big expanse, but with the level of accuracy this group shows, and the amount we have paid for the gear we have, I think this is reasonable for that final: I HAVE ARRIVED AND AM HOME..... So here are my suggestions in order of hierarchy (with the exception of the last two which is just an idea:

I updated some color ideas since this morning. I like option #1 since it has clear level changes. There is a $40 difference in two tone vs. all silver. I can change the Command Staff to be Command Officer or what ever. What do you think? I am also playing with a badge using the MEPD Logo and shape which is looking wicked too. It is pure MEPD.

Side note. If you would like a .jpg avatar of you specific badge, just PM me with the following and I will make it for you:

Badge # and name you want / Your level (Command, SWAT, Deployed, Cadet) / Your Name / Your TD #

Might spark some interest and conversations.