SandTrooper armor build.

FattyMcJ

I was told to come here because I'm very interested in sandtrooper armor. To be honest I don't know where to start. I want to become part of the Great Lakes Garrison here in MI. I was talking to a guy that says her can build me a sandtrooper costume from TK1336.com but then I was told it was outdated. I wish I had the time and skill to build my own but right now not so much.

Hi Ryan first of all welcome to the MEPD!!!Posted Image

Your greatest resource for everything that ticks into becoming a fine TD is here!

I would advice that you hit the Imperial Issued Armor to see what TD you'd like to resemble as well as the Costume Reference Gallery to take a good peek on a check list in what it takes to be active in Tatoonie.Posted Image

Long time ago I found this reference link that helped me out in getting my TD.

Hope it helps you and if somebody in the brotherhood has other options sure thing you can count on us.

Check it out and welcome here!

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538

Hey man, welcome!

Luis already pointed you to the first thread I was going to suggest. Second, however, check out the links in my signature... the Armor 101 for instance.

Also look at the MEPD Officer Training thread here if you've not yet already done so.

Being here at the MEPD though has already put you well on your way! :salute:

Can't do much about the lack of time thing, but as for skill... You really need determination more than skill. A lot of us, including myself, had never done anything like this before either. Nobody here will judge you for asking a question and there are threads-a-pleanty on getting through the tough parts.

I was tempted to simply throw down the money and have one built for me as well. TRUST ME, you will be so much happier if you do the work yourself. When people see your costume and you can say that you built it, it's well worth the time, razor blade cuts, glued fingers, and armor bites.

"I was tempted to simply throw down the money and have one built for me as well. TRUST ME, you will be so much happier if you do the work yourself. When people see your costume and you can say that you built it, it's well worth the time, razor blade cuts, glued fingers, and armor bites"

I support that, a TD is not something you become it's something you achieve.

And at the end of the day that's something we are here for: To aid other troopers along the dirty pathPosted Image

Can't do much about the lack of time thing, but as for skill... You really need determination more than skill. A lot of us, including myself, had never done anything like this before either. Nobody here will judge you for asking a question and there are threads-a-pleanty on getting through the tough parts.

I was tempted to simply throw down the money and have one built for me as well. TRUST ME, you will be so much happier if you do the work yourself. When people see your costume and you can say that you built it, it's well worth the time, razor blade cuts, glued fingers, and armor bites.

So it ok to buy the ABS armor and trim as need. I'll just have to price it together myself and give it the weather effect. ATA Works has it for $500. I just want to get the proper 501st TD armor befor I drop the money on it. It was one of the recommended company's on the MEPD site and there located here in MI.

I think it's a good deal. I'm satisfied with ATA Works so I have no complaints against them.Posted Image

So it ok to buy the ABS armor and trim as need. I'll just have to price it together myself and give it the weather effect. ATA Works has it for $500. I just want to get the proper 501st TD armor befor I drop the money on it. It was one of the recommended company's on the MEPD site and there located here in MI.

It's not a must since not all the Sandtroopers in the movie had one.Posted Image

It's encouraged to own a pack, and it's your call for a future when you decide to do so.Posted Image

The E11 Blaster is a nice and signature blaster.

Here you'll find tons of references either for blaster buildups from scratch

as well as building your own marmit tutorials.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is the right place at the right time to bePosted ImagePosted Image

Are the backpacks a must. And I'm thinking about the T11 blaster. Not that I don't want a pack can I just get away without haveing one for now.

I was told to come here because I'm very interested in sandtrooper armor. To be honest I don't know where to start. I want to become part of the Great Lakes Garrison here in MI. I was talking to a guy that says her can build me a sandtrooper costume from TK1336.com but then I was told it was outdated. I wish I had the time and skill to build my own but right now not so much.

Welcome to the Dunes Ryan!!! anything sandy you need help with, let us know....its a family here

The packs aren't a must for Legion acceptance but are to be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer.

However, while I agree that you should and totally can build your own armor, I don't feel that way about the pack. I built mine and LOVE that I did... but was was 10x as hard as my armor! :P

My advice... build your armor, get your Legion TD # and THEN get a pack for deployment later on from one of the great guys on here!

Quick question... Do I paint the grey rounded squares on the helmet or just use the decals from trooperbay. The blue lines will be decals because I think painting those would be a pain. Going to buy mt helmet the first week in Oct!!! Want to have everything ready just incase I have to order from different sites. I found this site for assembly http://dk-stormtrooper.piczo.com/?g=25476461&cr=5 and it made it look pretty easy. Lastly, puting a fan in the helmet. I havnt researched it much but it sounds like a great idea. So this wasnt a quick question, oops... Feel like a kid again :dance:

No worries bro. There are no kid questions here.

Hope this gives you some answers:

I would definitely paint the squares and grey areas. It gives more an authentic look, imperfection also has its beauty.

As for the tube strips I would apply the same criteria however mine are strong adhesive decals. Why paint? It's more realistic and fun.

As for the fans it gets hot in there so I would recommend them also. At least I did. LOL

If it helps:

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/sandmantigui/sets/72157626529676662/

Anything you need let us know bro.