ATA Build

Bigdane

i just got a mail from ATA:

Just a heads up, I've started your kit.

Thanks

:lol: ooooouuuuuuuyeaaaahhhh.........

p.s i have diseded that im not gona make any tutoriol or any thing like that, im just gona have fun building and post my progress here, and hopefully get some advise if i need it, from all of you ;) . my build is going too be a projekt that i hope too go all the way whit, meaning that after 4 monthes off studing screenshots and whatching your SWAT builds, trying too noticing what is importent fore a good finishing result. the status is that the kit is shipped so whish me luck

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

i finaly got started on my build and i thought i would share some progres whit you all. feel free too comment :)

http://imageshack.us.../dsci0061l.jpg/

-i have focused on a "taylor made outfit" making it as screen accurat as i posible can. whit my skills, (like you all do)

so i have studiet and gatheret as much info on every individual part as can, (like no return edge on the lover arm........)

whish me luck...... i might need it :)

• 2 months later...

While i waite fore parts (sniperplate) i started on the thighs 45% done, now that im making the "docking Bay" suit i followed panda... advice and made a small notch* (red area)

Posted Image

some progress on the main armour:

1. Rivets on the left side of the ab/kidney plates: a total of six 8 mm. rivets with three on the ab and three on the kidney plate, equally spaced out along the depth of the armour and 10mm from the edge.

2. Not painted whit yet

Posted Image

its time too get the belt sorted.

1. i have trimmed and wetsanded (2000 grid) the parts

2. i have testfitted the belt and found centerpoint and marked the holes, whitch im gona punch out whit the displayed tool

3. im gona rivet the snap button true the plastik into the canvas all in one process

4. i have used the heat gun and made a nice curve in the belt so that it follows the armour nicely

Posted Image

the rivet has a little vasher too protect the plastic.

Posted Image

This is the snap seen from the inside whits will be accached too the chest plate

Posted Image

Finaly i glued on the covers fore the rivets.

Posted Image

Time too attach the small spanish pouches and mound the belt too the torso.

1. I have bend some 1,3 mm. stainles wire into some hanger loops (dont know the english word fore this) and attached them too the pouches.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2. then i have taken pices off webbing strips (120 mm. long) and wraped it around the hanger and sewed it together whit a "hook" part off velcro

Posted Image

3. Then its just a matter off sew "loop" part of the velcro in the belt and mount the pouches

Posted Image

4. Now i marked out and attached 2 snaps too the torso

Posted Image

5. And a quick test fit what you say is ok???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ty fore the reply i realy love this place. I just want too point out that the pictures off the building proces, minus wheathering is taken whit my iPhone. but the rest wil be dokumented and captured whit a normal camara