Hi all, here's some pix of my BFG.

If I need to make any adjustments for when I apply for MEPD deployment status can you let me know please so all & any comments welcomed.

Hope the photos are okay as I don't have a camera & just used my ip4.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here you can see the bolt that runs through the bottom section of the barrel to attach to the body.

Posted Image

I've tried to take pix of the wire.

Posted Image

At the bottom of the photo you can see the section that run's through the barrel to the body.

Posted Image

Here I tried to get a few shots of the chicken wire & secured around the tracks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Top hole is where the bolt goes through to attach the barrel & body sections.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the bolt through the body & secured to the barrel with a nut.

Posted Image

Posted Image

All made up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My li'l Armoury.

L-R, DLT-19, SDS E-11, Scratch built E-11, SBP (Scout Biker Pistol/ Holdout Pistol, for my third build as TB).

Posted Image

Posted Image

I forgot to mention, I'm also going to look at getting a DLT-19 from Slavefive.

Even though I live in Australia there are a few websites around that will provide oversea's people an address for delivery in the United States one of which I've used before & then they send the items here.

With customs here in Australia I'll fill out the paper work but it can be a hit & miss, if it's not allowed in then I'll just cut my losses & whoever at the website I use will get a free DLT, lol.

I hope this will not be the case but if it is I don't mind I'll lose out on the $$$ some may say why do I want 2 DLT's? *shrugs* because I can lol, well pending on customs *fingers crossed*.

I've also made an enquiry with Slavefive as from looking at some other posts here on MEPD he does the TD1.4 Electrobinoculars?

So I'm interested in getting a pair if available.

Jag.

Super good looking DLT-19 your got there.

Enjoy him :)

Thanks Rolf, although I just realized after looking at some of the deployment requests I'll need to re-paint it as looking at some of the pix I see the trooper's have weapons that are much more weathered than mine & look as if they've been in a sand environment which mine doesn't plus I think the paint used is wrong as it's not holding so I'll have to get that sorted as well.

Jag

Thanks Rolf, although I just realized after looking at some of the deployment requests I'll need to re-paint it as looking at some of the pix I see the trooper's have weapons that are much more weathered than mine & look as if they've been in a sand environment which mine doesn't plus I think the paint used is wrong as it's not holding so I'll have to get that sorted as well.

Jag

Your welcome, and well earn it ;)

Can you tell us a bit more about the gun.

Its a sci-fire DLT right, and the new version.

Whit the bakelite stock, and feeder box, disc circle on the gun grip, t-tracks all ready add on it right.

But... have you cut it over, to get a pipe into the hyper firm DLT-19.

If so, how did you do it, and was it easy to work whit, as far as i know hyper firm are not easy inside, only the out side is solid.

So from what i can see, you have done a fantastic!!! job.

(maybe keep it as it is, i´m not sure it need more silver weathering on it)

Guest Locitus

I don't see anywhere that it's a Sci-Fire DLT-19 nor does the latest Sci-Fire ones unscrew like that. There is a guy in Australia making DLT-19's so that's where I think it comes from.

I don't see anywhere that it's a Sci-Fire DLT-19 nor does the latest Sci-Fire ones unscrew like that. There is a guy in Australia making DLT-19's so that's where I think it comes from.

In many areas it looks like it, but lets hope we get more info about this gun here.

Hi guys.

Thank you for your interest.

Locitus: is very much correct, this is not a Sci-Fire DLT-19.

This is made by someone in Melbourne Australia, construction is a rubber resin so it's not brittle.

Weigh's between 3-5kg, some may say this is rather heavy but I don't think it's much of a problem.

I can't say who it is that make's them as in truth I don't know, I went through the middle man so to speak.

He does the internet sales & passes the orders to the maker.

It comes in two forms, kit set version & fully assembled ie weathered etc with the latter being the more expensive of course.

iron ram: Yea I agree totally, I specifically asked for the DLT to be able to be broken down into 2 pieces for ease of transport to troops.

For this, part of the barrel section & body have been hollowed out to allow the PVC piping within the barrel section (picture 5) to join into the body then it is simply held in place with a bolt & nut (Picture 3). This may not sound very secure but it is & you can tighten as much as you like, the parts won't crack/break etc.

Picure 8 you can see the top hole on the body where the bolt goes through to attach the barrel & the larger bottom hole for the PVC pipe from the barrel to the body section.

Picture 12 is the bolt through the body & secured to the barrel with the nut & picture 13 you can just make out the top of the bolt (round circular head) just below the cocking lever.

Maybe it's just me & I should have allowed more time for the drying process but I've found that where I've been holding the DLT the paint is coming away, finger prints, so I need to do a few things, stop fiddling with it... lol or re-paint it.

Some of the guys from my garrison have suggested I use a crystal clear acrylic coat to stop this but I'm worried it will make the parts to glossy.

I have to say though even with the paint coming off it still looks good due to the undercoat/ primer being so dark & adds another dimension to the old used look so I'll leave it for now.

I still would like to get a hyper-firm version at some stage... if anyone thinks I need to adjust the weather scheme for SWAT please let me know.

Kind Regards

Jag

Copy that Jag.

Strange this great an accurate DLT-19 are not more welled known world wide, its sure one of the best replicas i have seen.

Congrats, and enjoy him ;)

So ruffly how much are these selling for ?

Good question iron ram ;)

If you like you can stop reading as soon as you hit the price list, rest is dribble... hehe

I went through the link that boushhfan made on a reply post for the original sales thread back in 2009. Way before my time, hehe... after reaching the last page I noticed through out there's no mention of pricing, all done via PM.

Here in Australia I simply did a google search which directed me to a website on a forum, the post could be viewed without having to join the forum.

After a few inquires to fellow Garrison members I decided to contact Niko.

The email that he give's even in his MEPD thread is still active although his status with that particular Garrison is in-active.

Since that thread from that forum can be viewed by anyone I shall quote the prices involved, had this not been the case I would not.

Kit set version- $220.00 USD

Full version incl weathered- $600.00 USD

This does not incl shipping costs.

Compared to the price of a hyper-firm they're much more expensive fully weathered I know however please be aware, to import any item such as this "could be" denied by Australian Customs.

One need's to apply for a Police important permit, basically on this you must state what it is you wish to bring into the country, what it is made from etc & wait to hear back from the Police... in a sense you have to sell yourself, the item. I'm not saying lie but I will say the more detail you can provide so they know it's not real the better ya chances.

If you're successful, if the item is stopped by customs they will contact you, you can then quote & send them a copy of your permit & they will release the item to you.

If you don't have this permit or if your application was not approved they will destroy the item or return to sender... not sure on this.

I was denied a permit for my SDS E-11 & was like... wtf, having clearly stated on the Police form it was a replica Star Wars movie prop used by Stormtrooper's, no working parts etc.

All I can really say is the police officer over at the licensing branch didn't really do his home work & I couldn't be arsed to argue over it so even though I already paid I basically shrugged it off.

He thought I was trying to import a de-actived Sterling, clown.

Anyway... the E-11 showed up one day out of the blue, wasn't held/ stopped by customs so at time's it can be a hit & miss.

As you can see, trying to get anything that resembles a weapon into Australia can be very problematic.

Apart from scratch built for people who have the knowledge, skills & the tools being offered something such as this DLT-19 with it's detailing etc is a godsend especially for those of us who like to be accurate, even with the pricing.

... sorry for such a long reply but had ya chance to stop after I mentioned the price, lol ;)

btw, this is not the place I know... lol but they also do a, "Holdout Pistol, Biker Scout Pistol (BSP)... TB will be my third build, can provide pix if you like if interested.

Jag

Hi Rolf,

Here is a link to the original sale thread. There are many of these throughout the world.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4874

Hope this helps.

Boushhfan

Thanks, i remember the topic.

I was just not sure where your DLT-19 came from, as we see upgrades all over all the time, on all trooper gear.

Cheers :)