SIth_241's weathering

sith_241

I figured id make a separate thread for my weathering job. I had originally weathered way too much, so i took most of it off this evening.

Here is how my armor is currently weathered. I still plan to do a newspaper rub over the top to give it some blackness. I may also do some slight dry brushing of gray in certain areas.

Comments welcome! Especially for taking it SWAT. I am going to add weathering to the chest to emulate the troopers HERE

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks good so far, brother.

On a side note, though...I had that same issue with my crooked leg (please forgive me if your leg is really shaped that way!) and I was able to straighten it out by adding foam (pipe insulation) to the inside of the suit where it needed it.

Very nice!!! weathering buddy, i like it :duim:

Remember the straps on the legs, shall not go all the way down:

Posted Image

Rolf,

Thanks. I have been meaning to lop if off, but havent gotten to it!

Next on the list i guess!

thats loads better dan! good job there dude! B)

i will watch your swat progress with great interest bro! :) with my swat attempt,i have tried to copy screen cap look,and brush techniques as used in 76' and also only used 1 pigment (burnt umber,which has a slightly reddish,oily hue to it! raw umber would give you a straight brown shade,but you can achieve lighter shading and texture by just diluting the one pigment)

as i said, looking really cool buddy! B):)

If you do bleed on your armor

And anyone says anything just say it was the from last rebel you just finished interrogating

Sounds good to me. I would just not rather die in my armor, or look like a death trooper!

• 1 month later...