Newb looking for some helmet opinions

Hey guys,

I'm new to this, bought a used FX suit with a Moncal/Trey Nichols helmet. It needed so much rework I should have just started fresh. Any way, knowing the FX helmets were frowned upon I was pretty proud of my Moncal bucket. Then I went to a 501st members house and he pointed out how "soft" the details were on my helmet (frown, eye "droops" etc). So on an impulse with intent of simply displaying it, I bought the new EFX Sandtrooper helmet. I must say after trying it on, it was easier to put on, more room, and much easier to see out of.

Now, I know it's big, and frowned upon for being symetrical, but from an MEPD standpoint, is it frowned upon as much with that lid as an FX?

I will probably keep and use both, but the actual trooping appears that it would be much more comfortable and viewable out the EFX bucket.

Please take it easy on me, new to this and seeking honest opinions, not helmet bashing :)

No worries Jason it happens often than you think. Anyway not long there was a thread with almost the exact doubts as you have.

I'm attaching it here so you can revise it and let us aid and help you along the way:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=8662&st=0&p=105270&fromsearch=1entry105270

Hope it helps bro!Posted Image

Hey Jason,

Welcome to the MEPD.

FX helmet is not as popular due to its different size and overall look. Not really accurate.

So that is why it has been taken off the MEPD TD requirements for both Police Officer and SWAT.

But you could get into the Legion with it. Not the best option for sure, but you could.

Now, with the EFX, that is a whole other story.

It is not a bad helmet at all. I mean, yes, it is not 100% accurate but it can be turned into a great trooping lid for sure. Just need a couple of modifications and that's it.

Many of our TDs deployed around the empire use this as their trooping bucket.

It is a very good helmet for what it is.

So don't worry much bro. It is still allowed for MEPD Police Officer status and will make a great lid with enough TLC.

And is way easier to make it look great than other none accurate options out there.

There are a few threads about EFX and MRCE bucket modifications. Just look around or use the search engine. I am sure you will have no trouble finding what you need.

But if you do, just ask and we will try to help you out the best we can.

Saludos

Thanks guys, I feel better about the EFX now. Will have to look for the threads about bringing it up to snuff. Right off the bat out of the boxI was a little ticked that the tube stripes are wrong...how could they liscense that as being screen accurate? Oh thats right, Lucas gets his bucks no matter what color the tube stripes are lol!!

I think the eFX is a great helmet! It's not "big" — NOTHING like the FX — it just has a larger opening, which allows for easy on and off and also doesn't fog up as badly. I just helped a friend to decide to get an eFX in fact. They're available, affordable, and for many a great choice.

Like Juan said, and as you know I'm sure, they're not 100% screen accurate, but they are "idealized." In fact when guys have AM armor I say an eFX is the best choice to "fit."

Be proud of it!

Then collect 10 more helmets in the next few years at least. :D