Need weathering advice!

TK9787

I am just about done with everything and I wanted to ask some advice from you guys before I do the full weathering.

Do you guys wet sand ABS armor to take the shine out and rough it up? Also, how can I get the more grey weathering look as opposed to a more yellowish shade? Something similar to TD1536.

Thanks!

Don't wet sand your armor...

If after weathering you still thing it is too shinny, you can always add more weathering over it.

For a start, you could rub the armor with old newspaper. That will kill the shinning and give it a worn look.

The, for the Mike H look, use a base layer of black acrylic paint applied a damp sponge, leave it to dry a bit, and then rub it off and repeat.

Over the blackish layer, you can always use some burnt umber pigment or just acrylic paint in brown and tan shades. Use the same technique of applying it and rubbing it off. You will need to do several layers with different intensities to achieve an organic natural look.

There is a tutorial pinned here over this weathering section of the forum...

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=4239

This was posted by Mike TD1536 himself.

Try, practice and if you dont like it, clean it up and start again. Very easy technique learn. Not so much to perfect. But that is the fun of it.

Saludos

mmmh???

Yes, you can use acrylic paint.

As I said,

Layer 1. Old newspaper

Layer 2. Black acrylic paint with damp sponge technique

Layer 3 to whatever: Brown or tan paint (it can be acrylic too) with same technique

And at the end, hairspray over it all.

My own weathering is done with 100% acrylic paint.

Hope it helps!

:)

Saludos

Get one of those small cheap white trash cans, or a for sale sign and do a few practice runs on those? That way you don't mess up your armor :)

On my clone armor I just diluted black acrylic paint with windex in a spray bottle and sprayed my armor with it, waited a few minutes till it got a little tacky and then with a moist..not wet rag I removed the excess again. That way you get that nice used dirty look.

On my sandy that I am working on I sort of did the same but with diluted Tan. I then brushed undiluted grey acrylic on top as my main weathering. You can see my progress build here: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=8515