Wiring problem from pouch to helmet.

Hi,

I have batteries and Rom/FX in my ammo pouch that´s on my shoulder and that works good. In my helmet I have a fan and 2 stomper speakers. My problem I keep having is the wiring from the ammo pouch to the helmet.

Does anyone have a good solution what I can use, so when I need to take of the helmet and unplugg it myself and put down the helmet somewhere. Also I don´t want the cables to be very thick and I can say that moving batteries to the helmet is not an option (also the rom/fx) since my AP helmet is small even without those things in it.

I guess whireless microphone will need batteries in the helmet and since my fan need power I still going to need a cable. Therefore I rather have cable for all. I most want help with finding out how to best connect and what type of connectors to use. Also if someone knows a good cable that can have both sound and power. The ones I use now to connect is 3,5mm speaker connectors and I need 6 of them as it is right now. It takes alot of space and is hard to connect and unplugg myself.

Any one with some ideas for me?

I'd suggest that instead of fitting the mic inside your helmet you put it in your neck as if you were a spec ops of the military. That's what I do and have no problem at all taking out my bucket. For everything else there are wireless headsets or a great buddy in electronics.

Jajajajajaja!

Hope it helps you bro.

I've got a wireless transmitter, a TrooperCom and a walkie-talkie, along with a few batteries, microphone and an ear piece I my AP helmet - but then I also have a head the size of a grapefruit..

Before this, I had my ROM/FX, along with the batteries and the speaker that came with the ROM/FX kit tucked away in my 3+1 shoulder pouch (speaker in the small tool pouch). Using a behind-the-neck headset, wire to the ammo pouch hidden behind the neck seal and the chest plate, I was able to take the helmet on and off without having any wires get in the way.

With this setup, you wouldn't be able to use the mic tip speakers, unfortunately. But having the speaker in the tool pouch works great for me; the speaker bundled with the ROM/FX kit is really loud, and the placement is close enough to my head to make it seem like the sound is coming from my helmet.

The problem with wireless receivers/transmitters is they are either huge (my Memorex system consists of two units both being about the size of a deck of cards), or really expensive.

The headset I used I bought off of Ebay, and fairly cheap. Around USD $20 or so. Do a search for "Jensen" and "headset". You would need to get one of those tiny ones, that just has a write behind your neck, and only a single, flat ear piece. It'll be hard to fit the helmet over larger headsets, with larger ear pieces. Even for someone with a tiny head like mine.

I have an AP helmet along with a Gino, and TE2, and have all of my components in my helmets. I use Rom FX in two of them, along with stomper style speakers, and everything fits quite compact. I will post up pics later if that will help with ideas. I just didnt want wiring anywhere, and was afraid of interference with wireless on certain troops. I even have two fans in each helmet and have plenty of room in them. for air. My padding I use baseball helmet padding as well to fit snug and comfortable. ;)B)

I'd suggest that instead of fitting the mic inside your helmet you put it in your neck as if you were a spec ops of the military. That's what I do and have no problem at all taking out my bucket. For everything else there are wireless headsets or a great buddy in electronics.

Jajajajajaja!

Hope it helps you bro.

Thanks for your suggestion. Will think about that.

I've got a wireless transmitter, a TrooperCom and a walkie-talkie, along with a few batteries, microphone and an ear piece I my AP helmet - but then I also have a head the size of a grapefruit..

Before this, I had my ROM/FX, along with the batteries and the speaker that came with the ROM/FX kit tucked away in my 3+1 shoulder pouch (speaker in the small tool pouch). Using a behind-the-neck headset, wire to the ammo pouch hidden behind the neck seal and the chest plate, I was able to take the helmet on and off without having any wires get in the way.

With this setup, you wouldn't be able to use the mic tip speakers, unfortunately. But having the speaker in the tool pouch works great for me; the speaker bundled with the ROM/FX kit is really loud, and the placement is close enough to my head to make it seem like the sound is coming from my helmet.

The problem with wireless receivers/transmitters is they are either huge (my Memorex system consists of two units both being about the size of a deck of cards), or really expensive.

The headset I used I bought off of Ebay, and fairly cheap. Around USD $20 or so. Do a search for "Jensen" and "headset". You would need to get one of those tiny ones, that just has a write behind your neck, and only a single, flat ear piece. It'll be hard to fit the helmet over larger headsets, with larger ear pieces. Even for someone with a tiny head like mine.

Well actually my head is kinda small but for some reason I have alot....ALOT of batteries for my rom/fx and fan (16 of them) so either I have them outside of the helmet or I need to change batteries. But I want the batteries to last long time and also what I read somewhere that rom/fx is better to run on 12V. I might redo the speaker and put it inside the ammopouch. But I will need to fix something else with the fan. Thanks for your ideas.

I have an AP helmet along with a Gino, and TE2, and have all of my components in my helmets. I use Rom FX in two of them, along with stomper style speakers, and everything fits quite compact. I will post up pics later if that will help with ideas. I just didnt want wiring anywhere, and was afraid of interference with wireless on certain troops. I even have two fans in each helmet and have plenty of room in them. for air. My padding I use baseball helmet padding as well to fit snug and comfortable. ;)B)

I am looking forward to see some pictures :). Would also be nice to know what kind of batteries you are using and how long you can troop on them.

Thanks.

Ok, I use batteries that are lithium, much lighter and last longer. I use two slot AA battery holders with 9 volt connectors, that way they are easier to take in and out. I use one 9 volt an a 2 back of AA's for the fans. I hot glued the microphone in, and the RomFX is held in with double sided foam take stacked up to feel the voids.

Here are the pics of the insides of two of mine. Now they are not beautiful but they work very well. As for battery life, the RomFX I change batteries in about 2 times a year. So I am guessing they last about 10 to 12 hrs of continous use, or more.

The fans on the other hand are about 6 to 8 hours of run time. A little more with the lithium batteries.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ok, I use batteries that are lithium, much lighter and last longer. I use two slot AA battery holders with 9 volt connectors, that way they are easier to take in and out. I use one 9 volt an a 2 back of AA's for the fans. I hot glued the microphone in, and the RomFX is held in with double sided foam take stacked up to feel the voids.

Here are the pics of the insides of two of mine. Now they are not beautiful but they work very well. As for battery life, the RomFX I change batteries in about 2 times a year. So I am guessing they last about 10 to 12 hrs of continous use, or more.

The fans on the other hand are about 6 to 8 hours of run time. A little more with the lithium batteries.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks for the pics, they will help alot. I will look more into this or maybe have something like it. Depends on the batteries (might change the ones I have). This way I will not have any more problem with wires but how about the helmet weight? looks like it´s kinda heavy.

Well, hmmmm. I am used to wearing a Fire helmet around which is heavy. this weighs no more than a baseball helmet really. Probably 2-3 lb if that.

:D

Haha sounds good. Well I think trying to fix all in the helmet might be best for me and if it´s not possible I try get in as much as possible. On your pictures it looks like you have 2 small fans? Right now I am only using one big one. Maybe I need to rethink the fan size also.