T-21 build

Got the stock sanded down.

Posted Image

Still needs more sanding. alot of bad spots!

Over the past two days got the styrene sides and vents done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its starting to come along a little now. But still long way to go!! Just trying to walk in the footsteps of a Panda! Terry your build is great! Hope I can do as half as good a job as you did.

Will be getting to the part I hate the most, BONDO!! I've never had any luck with getting it right! Either too much hardner, or too little.

Question: Where can someone get the gunmetal metallic paint in a rattle can??

Looking great so far, keep up the good work! Its always cool to see someone follow the plans and adapt their build.

I agree with Nick, try different approaches to the painting. I just happened to have gunmetal paint, decided to try it and I liked it. I wanted more of a "cast iron" type look as many of the Lewis guns I have seen had that look.

But use whatever you have access to. The worst that can happen is you don't like the finish - you can always paint it again. In fact the layering will make it look even more worn and used! Don't forget to paint the silver paint chips and oily runs to add history to it!