C3

motman241

For C3, tentatively we are doing the 501st "Grand Photo" on Saturday morning (prior to the convention opening). It would be cool to get as many folks to turn out as possible in Sandtrooper armor for the photo. If time permits, we might be able to stage an MEPD photo once the big group photo breaks up.

In the meantime, please contact Sandtroopers and "Sandtroopers in Training" in your local Garrisons and get them signed up here so they can get their gear together.

Tim

Legion CO

I am going to seriously pimp that the 501st should go for the "501" troopers shot at Celebration 3. I think it could be "doable". In 2002, we had around 800 members and around 177 in the 501st photo at C2. In 2005, 3 years later, we have around 2600 members. So if our current ratio of around 1/5 to 1/4 of our total club show up, we could have 500 to 600 members who attend the photo shoot.

Anyway, I can dream at least, but just imagine if we pull it off. It would be the biggest group of fully armored SW Troopers in history (outside of CGI). While I doubt Guiness would be interested, I will try to pester LFL to drop them a line just to see if Guiness might bite that it is a "World Record". They probably won't do it, but we will ask anyway, they can only say no.

Tim

TK-1066

501st LCO

(Drolling over hundreds and hundreds of troopers at C3 )

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If you guys are up for it, I will have my sound-outfitted backpack at C3. I was gonna try and get a couple TD's and walk around the con reenacting the ANH falcon shootout. I have all kinds of good blaster fight sounds with original dialog!

Let me know!!