Will these work?

I was going to post up about those myself..seemed like a good deal. I was concerned the guy has the same slings offered for 2 different prices.. (at least they look the same and the description is the same) yet one is 12.99 + 3.95 s/h and the other is 14.99 + 3.95 s/h.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRITISH-ENFIELD-RIFLE-SLING-GREEN-/350457019634?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5198ddbcf2

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRITISH-ENFIELD-RIFLE-SLING-GREEN-/250809965652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a65705c54

yes to both slings. I have the pic showing a green and a tan. I have the same ones on my T-21

Does it need to have one green and one tan on the same rifle or does it need to be two slings of one color such as two green or two tan?

Well, actually... green is more accurate.

Most of the troopers with enfield slings go tan for both, but the right thing is having at least one olive green sling. Check this reference shot:

post-1761-0-32626500-1303840998_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-31101800-1303841200_thumb.pn

There you can clearly see that the color used for the sling is olive green.

And even further, a few of us have the theory that there were used two different sling colors. Green on the cannon and tan on the stock. But I can't find the reference picture to show you that. I will try and find it later. There is also a topic about this somewhere... I will try and find it.

yes to both slings. I have the pic showing a green and a tan. I have the same ones on my T-21

Woody, since you were the one that showed this to me and convinced me ;) could you post your reference pict?

Thx bro.

So...

I am in the process of making (or having made) my T21, but as far as the slings go, I have already bought a tan and an olive one.

:D

Saludos

• 3 weeks later...

A little warning to anyone who is thinking about purchasing these slings here... I purchased 2 of these and they were shipped pretty fast, however, I did run into a smmall problem with them. I brought them along to my first troop to pick up my new (used)cushman T-21 and because these are reproductions they are not the same exact specs as the original.. These are a little wider and will not fit the swivel. So a little bit of work will have to be done to make them work.. Aside from that they are pretty nice for not much cost.. 2 for about 30$ (shipping included)

Well I got one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEE-ENFIELD-303-SMLE-RIFLE-SLINGS-GREEN-/330565603648?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4cf73ed140 and it arrived today. And here it is attached to the weapon, comparison with the old 2 tan slings.

Posted Image

Posted Image

One step closer to being screen accurate I suppose.

Thanks for looking

Nick

Hey Nick,

How did you get the sling through the o-ring on the stock? The sling for my Woodchuck is too wide for the included o-ring. Thanks.

I ran into the same problem when I ordered these thought I posted something about that... I fixed it by: after the slings are attached as normal (with the exception of the end near the swivel. I took the end clip near the swivel off by drilling out the rivet/eyelet then I fed that through the sling and re-attached the clip with another rivet/eyelet...

I actually made my own swivel from a caribena type o ring with a screw closure, mounted with a piece of aluminium bar over the top of it. The sling fits through it just nicely and you can't even tell it isn't a real swivel mount to be honest.

Nick