I got the "Mortar Tube blues"

kirbyharless

OK so I thought I would run and get my PVC tube for my mortar today.. I figured everyone simply uses their thermal det. end caps and what do I figure out... I cant find a tube that fits my end caps... I have 3 different thermal dets and end caps and none of them will fit in a 2" tube. it seems as though I need a 2 1/4" give or take tube. Is there another option that is acceptable? If not I will have to figure a way to make my caps fit on a different size tube...

Try a 2" ABS pipe. The wall thickness (called schedule) is thicker than PVC pipe.

That is correct, called schedule 40 pipe.

Kirby, all you had to do was call. B):lol: I could have told you that.

Just take the ID and then calipers to the hardware store and WHAAALLLLAAAAA :lol::D:P

You will get it.. Dont forget I still have your pack.

That is correct, called schedule 40 pipe.

Kirby, all you had to do was call. B):lol: I could have told you that.

Just take the ID and then calipers to the hardware store and WHAAALLLLAAAAA :lol::D:P

You will get it.. Dont forget I still have your pack.

Yeah I know and the pauldron also.. Have to try and find a time I can run up when your home..:)

I thought easy I took the actual cap with me.. Pretty sure they thought I was crazy test fitting that to the end of every type and style pipe they had.. Of course it was Lowes (good luck getting any help there) Ill try the Home Depot this afternoon there is also an ACE Hardware maybe I will have better luck the next go around..

Yeah I know and the pauldron also.. Have to try and find a time I can run up when your home..:)

I thought easy I took the actual cap with me.. Pretty sure they thought I was crazy test fitting that to the end of every type and style pipe they had.. Of course it was Lowes (good luck getting any help there) Ill try the Home Depot this afternoon there is also an ACE Hardware maybe I will have better luck the next go around..

Lowes has the black abs pipe....that's what I use....as far as a

I know the depot doesn't carry it

Well no luck yesterday.. In the imortal words of Bobby Bouchee' "the soich continues" 2" pipe will not work for all of the end caps I have..(took the pipe that came with the one det I purchsaed on FISD)nobody carried that size. I will see if I can find some thin walled PVC in 2 1/2 that might work/should work hopefully work...

Well Lowes was out of the black PVC so I just grabbed a 2" white PVC (I will just paint it) If I bevel/trim the ends a little I can get the end caps from my original set of armor to squeeze on it... still cant believe it... 2 sets are too large for a 2" cap... 1 is tooo small for a 2 inch.. almost makes me want to build a vac table just so I can pull my own ends to fit a tube I can find without loosing my mind...... :)