Canvas belt and straps for back/chest

kirbyharless

Well Im nearing the point to wher I need to start thinking seriously about weathering. I have read the posts and watched the videos. Im feeling OK on weathering the armor. However, I am a little concerned about the soft belt part and the straps between the chest and back plates. I havent seen but a post or so on this subject. I wanted to know is it realy as simple as putting some coffee grounds in some water, then pouring it all over them and letting them set overnight?

The soft belt part can be slightly weathered, but it's best to leave it mostly the natural "off white/tan" color of the canvas. The best way to weather it — I think — is with real dirt. You don't want to over do them in other words.

My belt is vintage cargo strap, so it has zero weathering on it at all.

I had bought my soft belt from over on the FISD so I have a very clean white belt.. guess if real dirt works.. I can just drop it in the garage wile I am working and kick it around/step on etc. and do the same for the chest straps then....

• 7 months later...