Talking about boots.

Hey everybody... Just thinking about boots and well, came with this idea.

Has anyone considered placing an order to lets say, TKBoots, but for black boots, and then painting them white?

This of course in order to have more accurate boots as the ones used on production during 1976.

Any thoughts on this?

Saludos.

I think this would be a good look for the screen accurate TK's, but as TD's we need to weather our boots anyway, so there is a possibility that you wouldn't even see the screen accurate paint over.

Just my two cents :D

Smally.

I have own two pairs in black.

I did not like them too much.

The black keep on coming through, and made the white paint a bit red a like in the tone here and there.

Plus the black elastic turn stiff, from the paint job getting it white.

I might try again some day, but for now i´m pretty happy for my tk boots ;)

Jesus dont get the crap about the real boot maker started over here.

Was it a topic on fisd, there turn into a battle...

i think i remember, there was some hard core posts over there.

Peace out :)

Was it a topic on fisd, there turn into a battle...

i think i remember, there was some hard core posts over there.

Peace out :)

I think that something that is different from the FISD, is that here there are not so many prop collectors. Most of our members are just TD fans or 501st members, but, the prop collector community is small.

Thats is not good or bad. A big many things of the knowledge we have about armor comes from the prop collectors community outside the 501st. But one thing that is true is that many times, discussions don't get so intense here, because we don't have as much knowledge of the actual pieces and persons involved in the making of production props, moulds, and all that, and that we do not invest the amounts prop collectors invest for real props and parts.

Anyway, I sometimes enjoy those discussions, and I am truly thankful for the prop community that has discovered, tracked and shared so many great pieces... not enjoy so much when discussions turn personal or simply don't go anyway.

:D

Saludos

I just enjoying what TM had found,and provide us with pictures and descriptions,it is far much much better than all the screen caps i got(or almost all what we had before).

I go to my boot maker without any guesses now,and just saying,"MAKE EXACTLY LIKE THIS" :lol: :lol: