So much fun...

FryGuy

I just wanted to say that building my pack has become my obsession lately. I am having so much fun "hunting and gathering" supplies from the garage and attic. My goal is to build it using as many found parts as I can. So far, the only part I have had to buy is the cistern. I have been documenting my progress with pictures, but want to wait until it is done before I post.

The faceplate for the radio is mostly done, and the glue is drying. Waiting in the wings, I have all of the seed trays, an aluminum BS frame, faucet cover, radio box, wet wipes bottles, and mushroom caps.

My coolest find was for the radio speaker area. Have you ever noticed that the inside of an automatic coffee maker drip basket is exactly the right size and has 16 triangular segments?

My coolest find was for the radio speaker area. Have you ever noticed that the inside of an automatic coffee maker drip basket is exactly the right size and has 16 triangular segments?

No... I had not. Cool stuff!

And yes, it seems that my pack has more time put into it than my armor. :P

I'm not sure how that is... but it is.

Have fun!

I have one concern about the direction I am headed with mine. The middle section where the 2 switches and 2 smaller dials are I decided to tweak a bit. I found an old CB radio from the 70's in my garage. The faceplate had those exact switches on it, but more in the center. The left side had a "signal strength meter" which I thought was cool so I decided to leave it. There is still room for the 2 smaller dials on the right. Is it ok to change little things like that? Basically, it would look like an upgraded model of the victory.

I know...I know...Pictures would help, right?

left my camera at work!

Ok- Here it is as it stands right now. This is just a very rough around the edges version, but you can see the direction I am going with the center section. You can also see the coffee filter basket speaker!

post-3757-052788900 1296495245_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is the radio and some other parts. I have 2 versions of the radio. The first is with the dial on the right, which is removable and allows me to put the plasma light in its place.

I added some details to the side of the radio that I thought were interesting.

The last few are of it on the seed tray next to the cistern (the only part I have had to buy so far!)

I know it is not cannon, and I don't intend it to be. I am going for the "Mostly Cannon" pack with the "feel" of the screen-used packs.

The frame is an old aluminum one from a pack I found in the garage.

Building the top tray now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kids nothin! I love it!

Also, the radio opens up and I have a small amp in there that plays the TD loop through the speaker. I can have it set up so the plasma light only comes on when the radio it "transmitting" or I can leave it on full time. It's a real cool effect!

Greg how'd you make the plasma light i wanna do that to my t-21 ?

I think I got it from thinkgeek.com or maybe ebay. It was a while ago, and I have been trying to find a use for it.

No. Same company I think, but those are too big and ac. The one I have is 2-3 inches and battery powered.

Here is one I just found on ebay for you. I don't remember what I paid for mine, but I think it was less than $20

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-Pocket-Plasma-Clip-On-lumindisc-light-NEW-/250655958003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5c4263f3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...