When are "extras" on the pack appropriate?

FryGuy

Howdy all. I am starting a pack, and really like some of the extras people have done to theirs like the plasma disc, radar/probe droid video, lighted radio dials, randomly placed lights, and so on. I know the CRL says no personal liberties such as led's, but I really like the "feel" of the additions people have done to these packs.

For those who have added lighting effects to theirs, I was wondering when they are allowed to use them? I was planning on making mine so that if the effects are switched off, they will not be noticeable, but I don't want to have them on when I'm not supposed to.

I was also wondering if it was ok to mix and match pack designs. Like, is it appropriate to add a pack 2-type hose to pack 3 for example?

Thanks!

Someone that has the extras will have to answer how often they've not been allowed to use them in trooping... I don't know. My guess would be anything "canon" they'd be frowned on.

But, if they truly are totally unnoticeable in photos and in person then there should be no reason — if everything else looked correct — that you could even be deployed with such a pack. Of course I've not seen one with extras on it yet which that holds true... but it could be done I suppose. B)

By 501st standards, you could get away with having a pack #2 hose on a Pack #3 design. That will not fly for MEPD Deployment. Same holds true of extras like lights. You may be able to get away with it for 501st, but not MEPD Deployment.

As far as when nyou could use such lights and extras, Noel is correct with the "Canon" reference.

I know here at the ECG, when we have a Canon Event in Manhattan and LFL is involved, we have to be spot on. Absolutely no extras or non canon gear is allowed. I guess every Garrison may have different rules for this, but here in the Big Apple, when Lucas wants Canon, we give him Canon, period.

Yeah!

Noel and John are right.

I can see you getting accepted by your GML and get a TD designation, but as far as canon and deployment, it would be a no go.

Anyway, if you can put all the extra lights and screens you like, and have someway to keep them invisible or not showing, you could get away with both.

About mixing elements, it could come out a cool looking pack, but for deployment you will need strict accuracy, as the CRL states.

Sorry bro.

But hey, its your choice. The most important thing about this is that YOU like your armor and gear...

:D

Saludos

Word. One thing I liked about being sandy was that you could take certain liberties with the pack. As long as it "looks right" and the GML approves, it should be fine for any garrison event you do, though it seems that event coordinators in different garrisons seem to have certain preferences.

Unless you want to go Police Officer status, if your GML says it's OK, it's OK.

Thanks. yeah, I knew it was not acceptable for cannon events or deployed status. I guess i just like lights!

I am already TD- I just don't have a pack. I am getting done and taking lots of pics as I go, though. So far, I am $0 into it by using items from my garage/work/local recycle center.