need advice on my helmet

Quebectrooper

So this is the AP helmet i got for free here a week ago. Fixed a couple of cracks, putting the right brow trim, ear screws and will paint the traps and frown by hand. My armor is painted and not so glossy and this helmet is very glossy. What should i do ? paint the whole helmet ?

I don't feel like sanding it all but looks like i'll have to. I kinda like how it is but i don't think it'll match my armor.

Posted Image

If the armor is painted, I would paint the helmet. It might be good excuse to try some of the under painting to mimic the originals.

The other option would be to try hitting the helmet with a dulling spray or clear flat sealer to knock down the shine.

I would just continue to sand the helmet down then hit it with a coat of plastic primer, sand and prime again if necessary, then hit with the paint you used to do your suit (making sure the primer works for that paint). Then you are sure it will match and you can weather it accordingly after.

Stupid it may sound...but take scouring creme(kitchen product) and then clean the bucket. More can go wrong, it can not ;):P ....but it is a seriously intentioned advice. my Pauldron has also shone terribly and i have also edited.

Cheers...

Hi mate

Its a nice lid, I would certainly paint, especially as you are going to redo the grey areas.

It would not take long to do with spray cans.

Unless going for an idealised trooper ( meaning pristine, neat and tidy), and sandys are far from that, I think that painted looks far more authentic.

It gets rid of that plastic look and gives a bit of weight to the helmet.

And the real ones were painted of course.

Keep us posted mate

Gra

Yea id go with painting it as well. Youd just have to get yourself some new tubestripes. But i think thats the way to go so you will all match. Also if you want the higher brow you can reposition the face a tad and trim a little off the cap in the center. Thats what i did. My sig and avatar are before i did that though. heres what it looked like after. It is also painted, with all details hand painted as well(except the tube stripes) BTW:

Posted Image