Looking for Spanish pouches

Hi Guys,

I am looking for the medium and the large spanish pouches is there any good source to get these from. I would like to have all my accessories before my kit arrives but am having trouble finding the screen accurate ones :unsure:

Thanks guys

This is a tough search. I paid alot for the two medium pouches I got. As for the large pouch Rolf is the only guy I know who has one. I used the French pouches readily available and cut the top off and crafted a lid to match the rest of the spanish pouches.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I see :blink: now I think I read the other night that those French pouches, in another post can get you 501st approval? And will also get you deployed? I have been looking for those Spanish ones pictured and I will admit I cannot find anything. If I ever come across one and pick it up I may try my hand at some leather craft and see what happens. Thanks Woody the Info is helping just sucking it all in before my kit arrives.

You guys rock I cannot wait to join the ranks. Oh stupid Question are we sure those are Spanish???

Ecoli

I got 501st approval using an unmodified french pouch, but I'm not sure if it's MEPD Deployment approved.

Well,

Since we require troopers to have specific ammo pouches, meaning that pouches must be original or replicas of the pouches seen on screen, I tend to think that french pouches as they are should not be accepted for deployment. However, if the french pouch is modified to resemble the spanish pouch, or the french pouch is only completing a set of pouches including MP40s (leather or canvas), spanish pouches, the horizontal unidentified pouch, or any other seen on screen pouch, I guess we could consider it to be allowed.

We aim for accuracy on the detachment, but we also want to encourage troopers to go further with researching, building and sharing... so, I can't disregard completely the french pouch just cause it is not the Spanish one, but would like to give room to see what troopers can come up with, and encourage and help each other to have better more accurate TDs...

Still, consider that a TD with only non modified french pouches would probably not meet deployment requirements.

:D

Hope this is clear...

You know... difficult to explain stuff is more difficult in another language.

If you have any question, pls feel free to post or PM me.

:)

Saludos

Juan said it really well, but I thought I'd restate it in my own words.

As they are they're not acceptable for deployment. But, we take every deployment request on a case-by-case basis and this is certainly an area that might cause some stickiness to say that it "is not" allowed across the board.

How Juan put it is really great...

We aim for accuracy on the detachment, but we also want to encourage troopers to go further with researching, building and sharing... so, I can't disregard completely the french pouch just cause it is not the Spanish one, but would like to give room to see what troopers can come up with, and encourage and help each other to have better more accurate TDs...

Hope this helps!

And yes... PM either Juan or me, or both, or Dirty Boy, or Rolf, or any of the command staff if you have any other questions!

Guys again helping a newbie out,

I agree accuracy is whats important and after a few mistakes I do not dive head in without asking. And I can see the frustration on one end you strive for the accurate pouches but on another those pouches are rough to find and for a new person it may be some time to get those pouches and I def. want the status :rolleyes: . Anyway that helps and I will def keep looking. Once again if I find one, and pick it up I am going to take measurements. As the time goes on they will just become more rare. having a resource for some may be handy.

Salud

Ecoli

Keep in mind also that the large Spanish pouch is only seen on a Captain without a pack holding a DLT-19 in the Roadblock scene so since you "need" a pack get deployed and the only trooper with the large Spanish pouch doesnt have a pack then you dont need to really worry about it affecting your deployement. The medium Spanish pouch is another story altogether.

post-3879-005536600 1295094001_thumb.jpgHas anyone ever looked at the post war ammo leather pouch for the yugo 24/47 mauser? It's a double, but the construction is very similar to the spanish (R-7 mauser) ammo pouch (Small spanish). You can find them on e-bay all the time and they are fairly cheap. Just wondering.

This is a tough search. I paid alot for the two medium pouches I got. As for the large pouch Rolf is the only guy I know who has one. I used the French pouches readily available and cut the top off and crafted a lid to match the rest of the spanish pouches.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GREAT!!! work as all ways Woody.

A+ :duim:

post-3879-005536600 1295094001_thumb.jpgHas anyone ever looked at the post war ammo leather pouch for the yugo 24/47 mauser? It's a double, but the construction is very similar to the spanish (R-7 mauser) ammo pouch (Small spanish). You can find them on e-bay all the time and they are fairly cheap. Just wondering.

They are pretty close to the ANH used ones.

Maybe a small modify job could do the trick on them, and be used.

A few in my garrison have used them as well...