Star Wars OT bloopers!

pandatrooper

That is an easter egg on the 2004 SW "Bonus Material" DVD. "Empire of Dreams"

To access a Star Wars Trilogy gag reel, go to the Video Game & Still Galleries menu page. Using your remote, press "10+", "1" (or "11" depending on your player) and wait for the pause as the player accepts the input (note that a small box next to R2-D2 will illuminate if you're on the right track). Then press "3" and wait for the pause. Finally, press "8".

Look also for additional outtake clips during the credits of The Characters of Star Wars featurette, and funny lightsaber spoof clips during the credits of The Birth of the Lightsaber featurette. You don't have to do anything to access them other than watch the featurettes.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Also, the other SW DVDs have "Easter Eggs" too:

Most use the 1-1-3-8 or 10-1-3-8 buttons to find them.

The Phantom Menace:

Insert Disc 1 into your player, navigate to the "Options" page.

The next part may be tricky on some players, so be patient if it doesn't work right away.

Press '10+' then '1' or 11

Wait for your player to accept it.

Now press '3'

Wait for your player to accept it.

Now press '8'

With any luck, you'll get the outtakes now.

Attack of the Clones

To find this Easter egg for "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones," insert Disc 1 and navigate to the OPTIONS menu, where you highlight the THX icon. Then—at least on my two DVD players—you use the remote to enter the number 11, followed by the number 3, followed by the number 8, and you see a two-minute-twenty-second special feature that contains the DVD credits plus some funny gag-reel shots.

On one of my DVD players, I press the 1 button on the remote twice, followed by pressing the Enter button, followed by 3, followed by Enter, followed by 8, followed by Enter to get the Easter egg to play. On my other DVD player, I press the button on the remote that permits me to enter numbers greater than or equal to 10, followed by pressing the 1 button twice, followed by the 3 button, followed by the 8 button. One of my systems times out if I'm too slow in entering the numbers. Your DVD player may work differently from either of mine, in which case you'll have to do some playing around to find the THX 1138 Easter egg.

Revenge of the Sith

Insert Disc 1 of the "Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith" DVD, and it's found in the same way as the Easter eggs on the DVD's for Episodes I and II.

Insert Disc 1, navigate to the "Options" menu, then use the arrows to highlight the THX icon. Then punch in the number 11, followed by the number 3, followed by the number 8. Exactly how you punch in the numbers may vary slightly depending on your equipment, and punching in the two-digit number 11 will probably require that you first press something like a 10+ button or a greater-than-or-equal-to-10 button on your remote. (On my oldest DVD player, I have to press the Enter button after each of the three numbers, but my two newer players don't require this.)

If you do everything as required by your particular equipment, you will see Yoda make some hip-hop moves to "Don't Say Nuthin'" by The Roots. That will be followed by the DVD credits

Star Wars: Clone Wars - The Complete Season One

Trailer:

Disc 1: In the Episodes menu highlight "Ambush" and press your Left button to highlight a panel behind General Grievous. Press your Enter button for a Season 2 trailer.

Trailer:

Disc 2: In the Episodes menu highlight "Downfall of a Droid" and press your Left button to highlight a panel behind Ahsoka Tano. Press your Enter button for a trailer for the "Republic Heroes" video game.

Behind the Scenes:

Disc 3: In the Episodes menu highlight "Trespass" and press your Left button to highlight the Jedi symbol on Obi-Wan Kenobi's jacket. Press your Enter button for a series of production art.

Trailer:

Disc 4: In the Episodes menu highlight "Blue Shadow Virus" and press your Left button to highlight a light above Anakin. Press your Enter button for a starwars.com ad.

Clone Wars DVD

Navigate to the "Options" menu on the Star Wars Clone Wars DVD. Type in the '11' and press enter. Then press '3' and then enter. Then enter the '8' and pres enter. This should bring up a short video of the DVD credits. The background of the credits are various images from the show. Nothing too special but an egg is an egg.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season 2

Behind the Scenes:

Disc 1: Navigate to the "Special Features" menu. From there, press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control. This will highlight something on AhsokaÕs utility belt. Press 'Enter' to see a short clip on the creation of a new Jedi character.

Behind the Scenes:

Disc 2: Navigate to the "Special Features" menu. From there, press the 'Right' arrow on your remote control. This will highlight the base of the JediÕs light saber. Press 'Enter' to see a short clip on the creation of the new Jedi T-6 shuttle.

Behind the Scenes:

Disc 3: Navigate to the "Special Features" menu. On that menu, press the 'Right' arrow on your remote control. This will highlight the item in PadmŽÕs hand. Press 'Enter' to see a short clip on the Jedi library (particularly the ceiling which hasnÕt been seen in an episode yet).

Behind the Scenes:

Disc 4: Navigate to the "Special Features" menu. From there, press the 'Right' arrow on your remote control yet again. This will highlight Obi-WanÕs light saber. Press 'Enter' to see a short clip on the Dugg castle.

There are 1000s and 1000s of easter eggs out there. You can find them on most popular/hit DVD movies (Standard and Blu-ray), like the Terminator movies, Batman movies, Transformers, Xmen movies, etc..... Have fun finding them. :)

Would be funny to see deleted scenes added back in to someof the movies, such as Luke & Biggs talking on Tattoine, Luke building his saber in Ben's old house. Just read the original novelization of ROTJ and man is there some neat extra stuff in there.

OK, slight derail...these are actually pretty cool - I'm just happy they survived.

Would be funny to see deleted scenes added back in to someof the movies, such as Luke & Biggs talking on Tattoine, Luke building his saber in Ben's old house. Just read the original novelization of ROTJ and man is there some neat extra stuff in there.

OK, slight derail...these are actually pretty cool - I'm just happy they survived.

I have in my collection and have read the Makings of both ROTJ and ESB that were published back in the 80's.

Paul, the video that you would probably love is called "Deleted Magic". It is a fanedit/documentary of how the first film might have been. It has deleted scenes, one of which is the Biggs/Luke Tatooine scenes added back in to it, alternative takes, behind the scenes and re-constructed scenes with information and trivia.

We can only hope that the 2011 SW Blu rays will have a whole bunch of little gems on it that we haven't seen before. I know back at C5, Sansweet, made mention that they keep digging up all these little rare things that they are going to be adding to the Blu rays.

• 3 weeks later...