Woodman's MG-15 WIP

I asked Lewis to send my blaster in raw form unbuilt so I could do a real world layered paintjob. The detail on the MG-15 is staggering for real the donor gun had a chipped paint finish so the layering is already drawn out for you.

I painted it a base coat of silver and then sprayed it with Dullcote to give the silver some tooth for the next coat. I masked off the silver damage and sprayed the flat black. After the black was dry I went over it with a very thinned out coat of raw umber with a touch of olive drab in it. I used rub-n-buff brass for the front scope and did a solid area for the front end damage and masked of the chipped section then sprayed the black then used the rub-n-buff on the knobs and mount to get a worn look. I am using alot of pics of the real thing to go by.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would love to paint guns and weather pouches for people. And yes that red section on my hyperfirm is spot filler!

It sticks and works great. I wouldnt put it on one of the softer guns but the MG-15 is very hard like a tire.

I will post a thread with pics of my other guns and pouches for those intrested in me painting something for them.

Thanks alot for all the comments.

Woody

• 8 months later...