Move along shoulder pouch - leather?

I just wanted to check my work. :)

When I made the diagrams, I just followed Rolf's drawings, so if it's wrong... blame him. :D

It's confusing because in the close up during the look sir droids scene, he's wearing a triple leather without the fancy strapping, but the Move along scene has him wearing the fancy strapping one.

It's likely that I will try and track down a green canvas one on ebay and dye / paint it.

I just wanted to check my work. :)

When I made the diagrams, I just followed Rolf's drawings, so if it's wrong... blame him. :D

It's confusing because in the close up during the look sir droids scene, he's wearing a triple leather without the fancy strapping, but the Move along scene has him wearing the fancy strapping one.

It's likely that I will try and track down a green canvas one on ebay and dye / paint it.

I blame Rolf for a lot of good things indeed. :salute:

And yes, it is a bit confusing.

And... why not get one here?

As far as i know, they was both in canvas dyed black.

Only the hip pouches, was made in leather.

And also the 3 room hip pouch, used for the shoulder pouch as well was in leather.

Here a pic of my pouches, i´m pretty sure they are a sandy accurate all the way:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shoulder pouch:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hip pouches:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think people got a bit confused, because Braks Buddy show a leather pouch whit the extra small tool box on he´s site.

But he only made it, because he and the viewers like the leather look he said (as far as i remember).

He made it him self, got a 3 room leather pouch, and add a leather smaller tool box on.

It was not a model from the ww2, but made by BB/Art A.

I think Kenthork/Jerome owns it now.

BB site:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/davin_replica.htm

I have never seen a MP40 pouch made out of leather, if we look at the German ww2 move a long/look sir droids MP40 model.

But there was some German MP40 pouches made in leather in ww2, and also whit a extra small tool box on.

But it was not the same model, like we see on the move a long/look sir droids trooper.

Heres a link to the shoulder pouches, and the not ANH used MP40 ww2 german leather pouch:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_pouches_leather-canvas.htm

So nobody makes a black canvas shoulder pouch with the small tool box. We have to dye or paint it. Rolf is that one dyed in your photo?

Correct.

I spray painted mine and it's awesome looking.

In fact, the consensus is that it should really be a very dark green... just look black in photos and on film.

So nobody makes a black canvas shoulder pouch with the small tool box. We have to dye or paint it. Rolf is that one dyed in your photo?

Yes, very dark green is what you want. Not completely black.

I dyed mine with black textile dye, the one you wet at walmart.

And I think Rolf painted his pouch with humbrol paints. Is that correct mi friend?

Saludos.

Will two small spanish waist pouches work for deployment?

YEP!!

:D

For deployment you need 2 specific ammo pouches, meaning same model or at least very similar one to what we see on the screen. It is commonly assumed that one would need two pouches, one on the shoulder and one on the belt. This is mainly because of the popularity of the Move Along Trooper, Davin Felth and others.

Truth is that only real requirement is to have at least 2 accurate pouches, in a similar configuration to what we see on screen. But even then, a few liberties on configuration are allowed as long as the pouches are seen on screen and the configuration makes sense.

Check the pinned topics on the Armor section, there are lots of charts for reference that you might find useful.

I must warn you anyway, the schemes are just for reference, not a deployment chart or a "need to meet" requierement. You will find some configuration charts of troopers without pack but still you will need a pack for deployment. Also, if you feel like having a different pouch/weapon/pouldron/brow configuration from what you see on the charts, go for it. You can either try and replicate that configuration or make up a new, personal one.

As long as you meet the CRL deployment requirements, you would be good to go.

:D

Saludos

Okay thanks Juan. I have a leather shoulder pouch but haven't gotten the waist pouches yet. Right now the small spanish pouches would better fit my budget. If I could only get my boots from TK boots, I could apply for 501st membership. It's been eight weeks since I've ordered them.

Yes, very dark green is what you want. Not completely black.

I dyed mine with black textile dye, the one you wet at walmart.

And I think Rolf painted his pouch with humbrol paints. Is that correct mi friend?

Saludos.

Yeah i paint my ww2 german canvas mp40 dark green pouch as well.

I gave it a little light sandpaper job on the edges, to make it look old and used as well.

I cut out some thick cardboard, to hold the shape of the rooms, like the real mp40 gun clips in there.

I then paint the pouch whit black humbrol, i let it dry for a day or two.

I then took out the card board.

And the paint have stiff in the canvas, and because of the cardboard holding the shape.

The pouch still have the right shape, like the clips was still there.

But they are not, and it very light and nice looking.

I will do all my canvas dyed pouches like that i guess :)