My scratchbuilt radio

mboyce

Well, I have my first completed item for my TD,,,other than my undersuit.I'm horrible at taking progress pics because I get so distracted with working, so all I have are finished pics. I started getting antsy, waiting for my helmet to arrive and I really needed to make something. I built this radio from scratch using plastic signs, a couple of square dowels, some misc. caps, the templates from the forum, a fair amount of epoxy, and two days of work. I have a speaker and mp3 player inside and it sounds pretty good, I do need to add a couple of more magnets to the face so it will be stronger though.There is a clear cover over the number dial but it got some over spray on it, I think that if I wind up putting a light behind it it will create a nice glow. Next payday, I'll be ordering some seed trays and a few other things for my pack build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

All comments and suggestions are welcome please!

It was a lot of fun! I used yours as inspiration too. I know it's not 100% accurate, but most of it is just stuff I had around the house.

Exactly why its fun. If i just bought a faceplate i wouldn't be as happy as if i built one cause then i can say ''i made that''. :D