Packs in general?

ECOLI

Most people build their own packs. Sometimes troopers on MEPD will build them on commission or sell their old pack when they upgrade. They are a good amount of work, so expect to pay fairly for the parts and labour. It also depends on how detailed / accurate you want your pack to be.

Yep i'm taking my time and building pack # 2 right now. Its a lot of fun finding parts for $1-$2 here and there (last week i got the mushroom caps , 2 cannisters , a radar dish and a mortar tube for less than $10. My goal is to build an accurate pack for less than $100.

I'll post pics when i'm done. :)

It's the shipping on a finished pack that is the deal breaker they are so big that the US post office is out of the question and UPS is high.

I use FEDEX Ground for all my finished packs. The rates are good, tracking and insurance are included and they generally get to their destination in 3-5 days. The box is a bit oversized, but because the pack is built so light, the overall shipping weight is not too bad.

Do most usually scratch build their packs? I was looking at the thread about packs and was wondering if they come fully built or if the buyer needs to build it himself which would be awesome?

Hey brother, packs are a lot of fun to build , but are definitely time consuming. I have a basement full of materials. weather its a completed pack or kit form i can help. just let me know

It's the shipping on a finished pack that is the deal breaker they are so big that the US post office is out of the question and UPS is high.

I just put a finished pack on the side of the road with a cardboard sign that says, "Please take me to..." Eventually a trucker will pick it up and deliver it. :lol: :lol: :lol: