DE WEATHERING PART 1 (Upper Body)

Sandman Tigui

Gotta admit that I probably got to excited weathering my TD for the first time. Thanks to many advices taken from more experienced "Sandies" I've "De Weathered" my TD before gearing up, taking new pics and apply for deployment as well as for soliciting request to occupy Guatemala.

The trick with Scotch Brite Sponge suggested by Juan ArvizĂș worked wonders with a little water and weathered acrylics were reduced to the right point as I believe. This part covers Helmet to Arms.

Best regards to you all!

SMTPosted Image

post-0-080848500 1293525839_thumb.jpg

post-0-022720900 1293525844_thumb.jpg

post-0-075112600 1293525847_thumb.jpg

post-0-010860500 1293525851_thumb.jpg

post-0-036393000 1293525854_thumb.jpg

post-0-084482800 1293525856_thumb.jpg

post-0-049098200 1293525860_thumb.jpg

Looking good. My only suggestion would be to use a paint brush and get the paint into the nooks and crannies more. Right now there's still a lot that's on the surface / corners. To make it look worn it looks more realistic if you can get the paint deeper. Also maybe consider a second color, more grey / dark brown to provide some balance to the yellow.

This is just constructive feedback. It's nothing you "have" to do to get deployed.

Nice work!

Looking good. My only suggestion would be to use a paint brush and get the paint into the nooks and crannies more. Right now there's still a lot that's on the surface / corners. To make it look worn it looks more realistic if you can get the paint deeper. Also maybe consider a second color, more grey / dark brown to provide some balance to the yellow.

This is just constructive feedback. It's nothing you "have" to do to get deployed.

Nice work!

Thank you Terry, got some Sepia I could use, just a little afraid to overload it. Got also a tint called in spanish: Betum de Judea which serves for aging things in paintings or art in general. Due to the 500k upload pics don't show all the detailed sand as in real life, but maybe I'll get some dirt in the seams.

Cheers bro!

SMTPosted Image

Nice work!

Done bro, thanks for the advice, looks slightly a little more "smoked" jajajajajaja! Like a "Jarhead"

I'll share you the new pics soon

Cheers!

SMTPosted Image