white armor.net?

ECOLI

Hi Guys,

I may have been a little lost to this I am new of course. Do I also need to sign up at Whitearmor.net and when I tried to it told me if I am alreday signed up here I need to hit up a passport link. Needless to say that link did not work.

Thanks guys

Hey thanks,

Just a small gliche in the system. Also, I am saving for the AP kit but need to know some specifics like what kind of mods need to be done to the kit to make it pretty accurate. It seems I worked on my EFX helmet for a whole evening only to get on and read that all the mods I did were not nearly acceptable. I did get blue tube stripes on though. :rolleyes: But is there a good link to the exact things needed to do for an EFX helmet and an AP kit. I have seen Noels version of the MR CE helmet and I did not realize I needed to do so much to get that helmet up to code. Also, I have seen a thread on the abdomen of a TK to TD mod and cannot find it. Can you guys help with these questions, I def feel a little overwhelmed with what someone has done vs another, and how to get a decent TD in the works. Sorry, one more is there a particular orange that is preferred, or is most oranges considered canon for the pauldron I have a great template and an actual one in hand. I was trying to build one myself. As for everything else this is where I am:

Modding an EFx helmet- blue stripes put on, working to remove fourth grill tooth, need paint to grey teeth, and it looks like I need new eyes ????

undersuit- picked one up from walmart

boots- waiting on my size to come available

need neckseal

Mp40 pouches- I found a great set at a local gun show just need to dye black

possibly making my own pauldron

Gloves- rubber seems really uncomfortable ????

Good to hear you're following the lead of doing a full on mod on the eFX. It's not 100% needed, but I think it makes it look a lot better. B)

As for the AP, it is pretty ready to go right out of the box. It's of the TE lineage armor so it's pretty accurate already and won't need modding per se. You'll need to have the right hand plates, knee plate, and that stuff... but that's not modding, just assembly, and if you let "AP" know you're doing a sandtrooper then you'll get those parts with the kit.

Just an FYI, I spray painted my MP40 pouch. It lets it be really dark green without becoming "black."

And I wear my rubber gloves with nomex flight gloves underneath.

Totally awesome in summer or winter! :duim:

Hey Erik, welcome.

You don't need to mod the AP much per se, but it depends on how clean you want the build to be.

The AP thighs and shins don't align that well. In particular, the thigh front and back seams don't line up correctly, and the left shin won't either (because the left inner shin is a duplicate of the right outer). Some troopers just trim the armor to match, others will use a heat sealing iron to repair or create new return edges, etc.

The arms are the same on the left and right. Not a huge deal, just something to be aware of (screen used armor had unique left and right). Again, none of these things would prevent you from being approved for 501st or being deployed, it's just good information to know.

The best match of course would be to buy an AP helmet, the armor kit usually comes with one so just buy it from the get-go. The MRCE / EFX helmet is an alterbative, but also less accurate and requires more modifications. Here's a helpful thread on FISD should you pursue that route:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8839

In regards to the pauldron orange, Trooper1 has a great tutorial.

http://tk3936.imperial-web.com/

I made my pauldron too, but it was a lot of work.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6775&view=findpost&p=85055

Some options might be buying one direct from Trooper1 on MEPD, or a more cost effective one from shoulderpauldrons.com

If you don't want to use rubber gloves (you don't need to, it's not a must have - it's a nice to have) you can use Nomex flight gloves (real or replica) and use the plastic hand plates from your AP kit. This will work for 501st or Deployed status approval.

Undoubtedly very valuable info,

I had meant to ask AP if the kit would be different if going sandy. Glad to hear it will be. Oh and here is an in depth hardcore fan question where could I find a real Hengstler counter. I mean what were they attached too. I am going home in a few weeks and could possibly find one if I only knew where to start. I have looked everywhere online trying to find where a person could just happen across one of these industrial counters? I know to just keep looking on Ebay but where could I just go to maybe find one, obviously not to pay boo koo $$$?

Oh and here is an in depth hardcore fan question where could I find a real Hengstler counter. I mean what were they attached too. I am going home in a few weeks and could possibly find one if I only knew where to start. I have looked everywhere online trying to find where a person could just happen across one of these industrial counters? I know to just keep looking on Ebay but where could I just go to maybe find one, obviously not to pay boo koo $$$?

Just so you know you don't have to have a counter on the E-11 for a sandtrooper, or for deployment once you are a sandtrooper either. There are instances where the troopers don't have the counters on their guns in Mos Eisley, so we allow it without.

Mine, as a matter of fact, doesn't have one so I can use it for both a sandtrooper and an ESB TK. I just couldn't use it for an ANH TK. :)

A good ESB E-11 also is missing the two power cylinders on the magazine, at least typically. Alas, there are lots of variations on these puppies :)

Yeah... I don't have those either. B)

Hey Erik, how are you doing?

Just another point of view here... I do have a resin Hengstler counter on my E11. I like it and it is used by some TDs on ANH.

As obsessed as we are in replicating TDs here, it is not that often that we see much of that obsession in building E11 blasters, mostly because we like BFG!!!!

But I do know that over the FISD they do go all the way building and replicating E11s all the time. And every once in a while there are authentic counters being offered by users over there. Also, it would be very easy to get a resin replica if you wanted to go that way instead.

I remember having read about a site where they offer very similar counters, but not the vintage ones.

Just check the for sale and the E11 forums over there...

www.whitearmor.net

Im sure there will be plenty of info and people wanting to help you find what you need.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.